Body Glide Alternative

dreamfinder

Original Poster
Anyone have any recommendations for Body Glide alternatives? Plain old body glide just doesn't seem to be cutting it any more.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Anyone have any recommendations for Body Glide alternatives? Plain old body glide just doesn't seem to be cutting it any more.
Interesting. I am just trying this for the first time. I have been using regular Desitin until now. I just dont like the smell of Desitin and sweat together. Nasty smell.

What is your problem with it? Does it not last?

dreamfinder

Original Poster
Well, for the last 3 or 4 years it worked fine. Up until a month or two ago I swore by the stuff. If I missed a spot, I would know it. But lately I seem to be having issues even in places I applied. I am changing my running style, so I may just be causing more friction in some places, but it just doesn't seem to work as well as it used to.

JillC LI

I swear by BodyGlide, and like you I know when I step in the shower exactly what spots I missed. OOOOWWW! The only thing I've found that works as well but is far more greasy is vaseline. I prefer the BodyGlide.

joel_maxwell

I swear by BodyGlide, and like you I know when I step in the shower exactly what spots I missed. OOOOWWW! The only thing I've found that works as well but is far more greasy is vaseline. I prefer the BodyGlide.
If it is Jill tested and Jill approved, then it is ok by me. Im using it in Nashville.

JillC LI

If it is Jill tested and Jill approved, then it is ok by me. Im using it in Nashville.

LOLOL. :lol: I was just thinking about you this morning as I heard of the tornados in Alabama. Hope all is well by your home. I heard there are some warnings today in NJ as well, so I hope our runner friends there are OK as well.

joel_maxwell

[thread drift]

Not to turn a Blody Glide thread into a storm thread, but a mile and a half wide tornado missed my neighborhood by about 3 miles, if that. Here is a picture.

I texted a friend that driving from Tampa to Nashville for the race and told him to fill up way outside the city limits since a lot of the stations are w/o power.

228646_10150235872420070_622170069_9113277_3533531_n.jpg

[end thread drift]
The one thing I do love already about body glide is it is like a deodorant stick, no mess, no smell and it is clear. Yea.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
[thread drift]

Not to turn a Blody Glide thread into a storm thread, but a mile and a half wide tornado missed my neighborhood by about 3 miles, if that. Here is a picture.

I texted a friend that driving from Tampa to Nashville for the race and told him to fill up way outside the city limits since a lot of the stations are w/o power.

View attachment 27031

[end thread drift]
The one thing I do love already about body glide is it is like a deodorant stick, no mess, no smell and it is clear. Yea.

Incredible picture. I watched it live on the news in utter disbelief. Thankfully Montgomery was totally spared.

dreamfinder

Original Poster
So since no one has any amazing revelations it sounds like my choices are
1) Body Glide
2) Vaseline
3) Tornados

Since I'm not a huge fan of having goop all over myself, and I don't think anyone wants a Tornado nearby, sounds like I should just buy a new stick of Body Glide. See if maybe my last one was old/defective.

(I do hope anyone who was affected by the recent storms gets through it ok)

joel_maxwell

1) Body Glide
2) Vaseline
3) Tornados

Since I'm not a huge fan of having goop all over myself, and I don't think anyone wants a Tornado nearby, sounds like I should just buy a new stick of Body Glide. See if maybe my last one was old/defective.

:lol:

Ill take 1 or 2 Alex

JillC LI

1) Body Glide
2) Vaseline
3) Tornados

It may well have been defective. I once bought a stick that was all cracked and hardened. I think somtimes the stores keep them sitting around too long.

[thread drift]

Thank goodness your neighborhood was spared.

speck76

Interesting. Waterproof, but yet comes off with soap/water. Have you used this before? No one within 150 mi of me sells the stuff so I would have to order some online.

I use it when I cycle or when I do a swim/bike brick workout......

If I am only running I use Body Glide....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom