News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I made a comment, possibly even in this thread, about the Imagineering Story. I spent the early parts of it silently stunned the company would produce and distribute something with that much criticism of the company... until you see the narrative form near the end of Iger being the great white hope. Then it all made perfect sense!
It’s a bit of a joke…playing up unpopular things as “under appreciated” in many ways…but only for Bob.

euro - which is the most beautiful, highest quality park in person…was just a waste.

…but Shanghai is amazing

what a joke.

What’s sad is that many fans…particularly the younger, more Padawan (not Jedi master) versions…regurgitate that narrative. Because they don’t know the difference. Guess I can excuse that…just don’t get Lippy about Dad’s DVC 👍🏻

AdventureHasAName

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here are the live action movies that happened under Horn that weren't already an established cinematic franchise:
  • Artemis Fowl
  • Nutcracker and the Four Realms
  • A Wrinkle in Time
  • The BFG
  • The Finest Hours
  • ABCD 2
  • Tomorrowland
  • Million Dollar Arm
  • Oz, the Great and Powerful
Imagine if that list existed under John Lasseter or Kevin Feige. If there were any type of quality control under his reign... it failed. The formula of hiring a director to do their own thing without a studio giving constant feedback has led to both very successful movies (usually the franchise movies such as The Jungle Book remake or PotC), or a string of awful youth/young adult book adaptions that failed spectacularly.

Bye!

Last edited:

britain

Here are the live action movies that happened under Horn that weren't already an established cinematic franchise:
  • Artemis Fowl
  • A Wrinkle in Time
  • The BFG
  • The Finest Hours
  • ABCD 2
  • Tomorrowland
  • Million Dollar Arm
Imagine if that list existed under John Lasseter or Kevin Feige. If there were any type of quality control under his reign... it failed. The formula of hiring a director to do their own thing without a studio giving constant feedback has led to both very successful movies (usually the franchise movies such as The Jungle Book remake or PotC), or a string of awful youth/young adult adaptions that failed spectacularly.

Bye!

I don’t think I could blame a guy for trying to recreate his success with Harry Potter from when he was back at Warner Bros (although, I believe any attempt to recreate Harry Potter is a fool’s errand).

James Alucobond

I don’t think I could blame a guy for trying to recreate his success with Harry Potter from when he was back at Warner Bros (although, I believe any attempt to recreate Harry Potter is a fool’s errand).
The most logical path to that would've just been a faithful adaptation of the Chronicles of Prydain since it's pretty LotR-lite. Would've worked well as a D+ series as well. Certainly better than the Artemis Fowl dreck they dredged up.

UNCgolf

The most logical path to that would've just been a faithful adaptation of the Chronicles of Prydain since it's pretty LotR-lite. Would've worked well as a D+ series as well. Certainly better than the Artemis Fowl dreck they dredged up.

Disney has the live action rights. They purchased them a few years ago (I assume the old Black Cauldron rights had either expired or were animation only).

I wish they'd do it. The Chronicles of Prydain are one of the better fantasy series out there and maybe the very best from a young adult perspective. I do wonder how well Taran Wanderer would translate to the screen, though -- it's a fantastic book but I could see people being annoyed at something that's mostly about introspection without a ton of action.

CaptainAmerica

• Artemis Fowl
  • A Wrinkle in Time
  • The BFG
  • The Finest Hours
  • ABCD 2
  • Tomorrowland
  • Million Dollar Arm
Imagine if that list existed under John Lasseter or Kevin Feige. If there were any type of quality control under his reign... it failed. The formula of hiring a director to do their own thing without a studio giving constant feedback has led to both very successful movies (usually the franchise movies such as The Jungle Book remake or PotC), or a string of awful youth/young adult book adaptions that failed spectacularly.

Bye!
So what you're saying is, they should back up a Brinks truck to Favreau's front lawn.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
  • Artemis Fowl
  • A Wrinkle in Time
  • The BFG
  • The Finest Hours
  • ABCD 2
  • Tomorrowland
  • Million Dollar Arm

Bye!
‘Tomorrowland’ was the only movie in that list worth watching (obviously I’m a fan of the movie, lol). The previews for the others were so. Damn. Bad. And the movies were the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom