News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Vinnie Mac

Yeah. I am pleased with the current pillars set right now and I'm actually surprised Chapek even acknowledged any of these qualities so that's a good sign. If he follows through with them (even in the slightest), we can return to the "good ol' days" of Disney World.

I'm excited to see what 2022 and 2023 hold for the company. With all the profits, (and up charges) we're bound to get at least something to show for it.

John park hopper

Yeah. I am pleased with the current pillars set right now and I'm actually surprised Chapek even acknowledged any of these qualities so that's a good sign. If he follows through with them (even in the slightest), we can return to the "good ol' days" of Disney World.

I'm excited to see what 2022 and 2023 hold for the company. With all the profits, (and up charges) we're bound to get at least something to show for it.
don't hold your breath unless you are a stock holder

Last edited:

el_super

I was impressed with these pillars he(or his team) created. I’m willing to give him a second chance for a few months to see if he acts on them. He really was thrown in at a terrible time, let’s see if he can pivot. I’ll give him till the end of summer to really show he can walk the walk.

Yeah, it's really unfair to compare Chapek's tenure with the weight of the pandemic on it. I'm still willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt for the time being, but certainly his presentation skills still bug me.

So, does anyone else miss Mike Eisner's Disney World? For all his faults, real and imagined, the guest was treated like royalty rather than a cash cow.

Uhhhh.... seriously?

If Disney "needs to raise prices to thin the crowds" why am I seeing so many Disney World ads?

Awareness. They still ran ads for Galaxy's Edge when some were predicting 200,000+ more people showing up.

Cesar R M

Not the metaverse again! One thing people have wanted more as a result of the pandemic is getting outside in the fresh air and reconnecting with nature, not sticking a headset on and playing around in an Zuckerberg's imaginary advertising world.
And 'ideation'??
The whole metaverse is an hilarious concept. It's like Zuckenberg attempts to reinvent the wheel when its already there and its failed already.
So they either sanitize this 3d world thing immensely or they will have to deal with the hilarity you see every day in VRChat and things like SecondLife. And we know how SecondLife became irrelevant.

To resume, Zuckemberg wants his "Ready Player One" type virtual world... but the truth is way more different.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They still want those who can afford it to come.
As long as no one sniffs out that “money is being left on the table” on the street…give it time.

Lol…that’s great…so well played 👏

Uhhhh.... seriously?

you want to play ball on this one?

UNCgolf

Maybe in 20 years people will be talking about the golden era of Iger or Chapek. Funny what time does to the memory.

I don't think there's any question that the early part of Eisner's tenure was light years better than anything we've gotten from Iger or Chapek. It certainly went downhill after, but there's a reason most people who visited in the mid-late 80s through mid-90s think it was a significantly better experience than what exists now.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe in 20 years people will be talking about the golden era of Iger or Chapek. Funny what time does to the memory.
Maybe…or…
I don't think there's any question that the early part of Eisner's tenure was light years better than anything we've gotten from Iger or Chapek. It certainly went downhill after, but there's a reason most people who visited in the mid-late 80s through mid-90s think it was a significantly better experience than what exists now.
Yep…tangible additions…not repurposing/replacement

el_super

People complained about price increases and lack of services back in the 1980s too. It took Eisner about five years to double the price of admission. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

UNCgolf

People complained about price increases and lack of services back in the 1980s too. It took Eisner about five years to double the price of admission. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

That's not really relevant to the point being discussed. People were getting better value for that price, both in overall quality of shops, entertainment, etc. and with a number of excellent additions that didn't replace existing rides.

el_super

That's not really relevant to the point being discussed. People were getting better value for that price, both in overall quality of shops, entertainment, etc. and with a number of excellent additions that didn't replace existing rides.

Yeah, I'm not disputing that. Just drawing the comparison that, to the future, someone may look back on these days as the "golden years."

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Yeah, I'm not disputing that. Just drawing the comparison that, to the future, someone may look back on these days as the "golden years."
The ONLY way anyone is looking back on the current state WDW as the "golden years" is if the future holds something far worse than what they're doing right now. 'shudder' :depressed: If you're saying anything other than this I'd have to say you're waaaay off. ;)

Say what you want about Eisner, there was plenty of growth, development and positive change during his tenure, enough so that I feel it more than made up for where he slipped up in the last few years of his time as boss.

Even looking through the pandemic lens, you can point to what is being done down the road at Uni. They're almost fully back and they haven't suspended APs, they've maintained park hopping, and have not changed too much since the pandemic.

I am sorry, but Chappie is in way over his shiny dome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom