Bob Iger may extend his contract past 2019

britain

In the words of the recently departed Jim Nabors...

upload_2017-12-6_17-27-50.png

JoeCamel

Does Disney really want to own 60% of Hulu when it's launching its own streaming service? After all, that's why it pulled it's IP off Netflix.
Maybe if they own 60% they won't have to open their own shop? Or maybe they can have both? Synergy! Buzzword of the decade.........

Lucky Rabbit

Does Disney really want to own 60% of Hulu when it's launching its own streaming service? After all, that's why it pulled it's IP off Netflix.
It might change the need to even go forward with it, but they could use it for dual purposes. The Disney VOD would be strictly family friendly movies. Whereas something they now own such as Deadpool and other adult franchises could end up on Hulu.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Lot's of talk about James Murdoch replacing Iger if the deal goes through. This could be part of the transition plan. Just because Iger extends the contract doesn't mean he'll stay for the duration of it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
They likely want the player and the cdn (content distribution network).

Little not so secret/secret...most of the competing networks use the hulu player and cdn on their own sites.

It is easy to spot if you view them in chrome with an adblocker. The player freaks out in a very specific way.

Last edited:

Jedi Stitch

I remember when Fox was going to be the big David and Goliath fight against the big three. ABC, CBS, and NBC. Wait a second, doesn't Disney own ABC? Isn't this going to trip some sort of Bucket law or Monopoly law? Owning half of the network air, should ring some bells since, they already have Time/Warner, so they pretty own the print world. Or am I totally wrong on this? Having Murdoch as a possible replacement may not be too bad, he does like to go against the established norm. He did take 20th Century Fox and turn it into the 4th news network. Wait a second, aren't the Simpsons, Married with children, and a few other Universal used items owned by Fox?

peter11435

I remember when Fox was going to be the big David and Goliath fight against the big three. ABC, CBS, and NBC. Wait a second, doesn't Disney own ABC? Isn't this going to trip some sort of Bucket law or Monopoly law? Owning half of the network air, should ring some bells since, they already have Time/Warner, so they pretty own the print world. Or am I totally wrong on this? Having Murdoch as a possible replacement may not be too bad, he does like to go against the established norm. He did take 20th Century Fox and turn it into the 4th news network. Wait a second, aren't the Simpsons, Married with children, and a few other Universal used items owned by Fox?
Disney would not be purchasing The Fox network. Disney does not own Time/Warner

jt04

You've created quite a tangled mess of fact, fiction, tropes and memes here. I see why you have Stitch in your AVATAR.

If we want MSNBC type content we can just watch that network.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom