Bob Chapek's days as CEO may be numbered

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Last time I checked it did not. Investors that bought Disney stock in March 2020 when some thought the sky was falling, and sold 12 months later are laughing all the way to the bank.
You’re debating a worldwide financial stoppage?

That’s what your doing?

And you haven’t figured out that investors play a game detached from monetary value yet?

Yikes. Lemme guess: you look at your 401K everyday…don’t you? 😱

Lilofan

You’re debating a worldwide financial stoppage?

That’s what your doing?

And you haven’t figured out that investors play a game detached from monetary value yet?

Yikes. Lemme guess: you look at your 401K everyday…don’t you? 😱
Been invested for many years , saw it grow long term . The ones who panic sell miss out.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Been invested for many years , saw it grow long term . The ones who panic sell miss out.
Nobody is suggesting panic sell. This isn’t about making a “rating” on buying DIS (it’s still overvalued…by the way)

It’s about Disney’s performance and how that could potentially fuel a revolt against management. It’s all hypothetical.

You can’t ignore the global situation - bigger than Disney - and then pick and choose when that affects with them. They are down 35% in a year…

If you want to cut the pro-Disney …that is a problem for Wall Street. There’s no ambiguity on how that is taken.

And is there such a thing as a “panic sale” anymore? Trades are done in nanoseconds from home computers…and you can buy it and sell if for $5 more an hour later with ease.

You can walk away from the table at anytime and then deal yourself back in without leaving the couch. Brave new world.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At Will employment , heard of it?
Again…you’re not addressing what I’m saying

We need to come up with like a color code on these or something.

I’m more than familiar with the joke known as “right to work”…what a doozy

But that’s not at all what I’m saying. The question - to anyone that says “they can just get new employees” - is do you know anything about the makeup of the Disney employees??

Because if you do that statement is non-sensical.

Lilofan

Again…you’re not addressing what I’m saying

We need to come up with like a color code on these or something.

I’m more than familiar with the joke known as “right to work”…what a doozy

But that’s not at all what I’m saying. The question - to anyone that says “they can just get new employees” - is do you know anything about the makeup of the Disney employees??

Because if you do that statement is non-sensical.
Strange that with staffing issues, that haven't seen the parks close but the operations is surely tweaked to reflect that. The they can get new employees is a stretch though.

GimpYancIent

What B.C. says or what Company news releases or statements are made mean nothing as far as what employees do at the ballot box. Each employee will vote their own mind, make their own decision regardless of what the Company reps puts out. Each employee can contact their elected officials individually and make their opinions known. So regardless of any noise made by B.C. and Company reps no they do not speak for all the employees. The stockholders want their returns and dividends, yet they also have a multitude of opinions too.

Lilofan

That is sort of my point. Remember that the next time someone pretends they believe in "diversity". They truly don't. Not diversity of ideas at least.

That's pretty much it. Chapek I guess feels this is the "safer" (?) route to go. Staying out of politics is probably Disney's safest route.
The view / direction of a company is just that. It is for staff to understand and follow. Not all may buy into it, but if one is foolish enough to critic regarding their personal views , one may be called into a meeting to explain themselves.

Brer Panther

Somebody on Twitter is theorizing that under Chapek, the entire company could collapse or be sold off piece by piece.

Is there any chance of that?

GuyFawkes

Iger was the architect. Chapek is dealing with Iger's hires and corporate culture.

Its' the extremist who are and going forward going to cause big problems for Disney.

Last edited:

TsWade2

You're just now starting to dislike Chapek after how long?
I don't know. I've been having ups and downs criticism of him. I know I said I can't criticize him, but sometimes after the bad move he made for Reedy Creek Act, I feel like not liking him right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom