Bob Barker, longtime host of 'The Price Is Right' and animal rights activist, dies at 99

KentB3

Original Poster

Bob Barker, longtime host of 'The Price Is Right' and animal rights activist, dies at 99

Saturday, August 26, 2023 12:36PM (KABC-TV 7, Los Angeles)

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Bob Barker, the former longtime host of the popular TV game show "The Price Is Right" and an animal-rights activist, died Saturday morning. He was 99.

1693068173157.png

Details of his passing and the cause of death were not immediately available.

Barker was a winner of 19 Daytime Emmy Awards. Also received an Emmy Award for Lifetime Achievement in 1999 and was inducted into the Television Academy's Hall of Fame in 2004.

Barker contributed $5 million to the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, a marine wildlife and environmental protection group, to help end international whaling. The society named a ship in their fleet the "Bob Barker."

Has donated $3.1 million to his alma mater Drury University.

mf1972

same here. loved watching the price is right when i was a kid. barker was great & a class act. liked how he used to mess around with guests before unveiling if they won or not. RIP mr barker.

Goofyernmost

Sorry to hear that but I have a concern about the reporting. Cause of death was not released. The man was 99 years old, I'd say that would be a pretty obvious cause with no other needed. I guess that is just our unquenchable desire for something less than natural to have happened. RIP Bob!

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I didn't start watching TPIR until Drew took over, but I came to greatly appreciate Bob and his excellent hosting over the years while watching old clips and episodes. Huge loss for game shows and television as a whole.

RIP

Eric Graham

I didn't start watching TPIR until Drew took over, but I came to greatly appreciate Bob and his excellent hosting over the years while watching old clips and episodes. Huge loss for game shows and television as a whole.

RIP
When I went on a fireworks cruise for my honeymoon at Disney World, the skipper had told me about Drew Carey had one day and took a boat out. He said he was the nicest guy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom