Boat to MK from WL Question

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I saw recently that you can o ly get to MK by boat from the Wilderness Lodge. Is this true, and how long has that been going on?
If it is the only way, what do they do on high wind days or during thunderstorms?

peter11435

I saw recently that you can o ly get to MK by boat from the Wilderness Lodge. Is this true, and how long has that been going on?
If it is the only way, what do they do on high wind days or during thunderstorms?
Incorrect. There is bus and boat service to MK

Or at least there was. No one knows what operations and services may look like when things reopen.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Incorrect. There is bus and boat service to MK

Or at least there was. No one knows what operations and services may look like when things reopen.
I was operating off this, is it possible they ended it, late last year or early this year?
https:///2020/01/disney-world-decreasing-bus-service-tm1/

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Do the busses always run though, regardless,
As of December 2019, buses to MK from WL were still an option (without timing restrictions) in addition to the boat service. MK buses from/to WL have always run regularly, regardless of weather.

Don’t know how it will be once the parks reopen but we have a couple WL stays still booked for 2020 and will confirm transportation options if you are still interested.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
As of December 2019, buses to MK from WL were still an option (without timing restrictions) in addition to the boat service. MK buses from/to WL have always run regularly, regardless of weather.

Don’t know how it will be once the parks reopen but we have a couple WL stays still booked for 2020 and will confirm transportation options if you still interested.
I was wondering because we are considering WL for a trip. If Buses aren't running to MK will probably still go for it, but I think it would be weird to not offer it as an option, some people are scared of boats lol!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I was wondering because we are considering WL for a trip. If Buses aren't running to MK will probably still go for it, but I think it would be weird to not offer it as an option, some people are scared of boats lol!
We rarely take the boat, especially in the morning or at park close. Have always used the bus instead. The fact that it is faster than the boat is also a plus. 😉

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
We take boat 98% of the time, its the only way to travel imho.....never had bad weather....if cold we were happy to have enclosed boats. Now one of our last visits we attempted to get a Minnievan to get to an early tour and it didn't work out, we ended up calling a cab.....but he could not pull up to park itself....we were thrilled the tour waited as we were 10 minutes late. So you need to think about transportation if you are outside the boat operating hours. Plus the boat has it's own bag check which is quicker.....who knows in future how that will be but imagine boat of 30 people being bag searched vs busloads!:cool:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
When we have stayed there over the last few years there is only a boat, the only time a bus is available is if there are storms or at night at park closing.

There are 2 boats, one that does MK, WL and FW. The other does Contemporary.
While the bus monitor for MK often says “use watercraft” the bus is still available. I know this from multiple visits each year. A bus ALWAYS arrives within the normal ~20 min timeframe to whisk me to MK, doesn’t matter time of day or weather....even when the monitor says otherwise. (Which I am sure confuses many guests.)

Skibum1970

While the bus monitor for MK often says “use watercraft” the bus is still available. I know this from multiple visits each year. A bus ALWAYS arrives within the normal ~20 min timeframe to whisk me to MK, doesn’t matter time of day or weather....even when the monitor says otherwise. (Which I am sure confuses many guests.)

Plus, aren't the boat docks under construction or something currently? The lines to board the boats were quite long when I was there in February. We were walking back to the Contemporary and noticed the lines as we walked past but I didn't investigate further. I agree that the bus from Wilderness Lodge is generally a better option. We have used both bus and boat and the bus is faster and the line to return is pretty short.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom