Trip Report BoardWalkin’ Around the World- COMPLETED

Hello!

It’s been a minute since I’ve had a trip, but I have so enjoyed keeping up with things in your reports!

Now, I am SO excited to share that, like many others here, I’ll be visiting the mouse THIS week! And away we go!

When: May 30-June 4, 2023

Where: BoardWalk Inn

Who: Me and my dad, R. We are very excited for this father-daughter trip!

DF3B8A6C-95DF-439A-A69D-E42C3719117C.jpeg

ToInfinity

Original Poster
Now, here is where things begin to get interesting. After we scanned in for MMRR, I was able to book a new LL. I picked Safari at AK because we wanted to head there next. It was also time for our SDD LL. But, the ride was STILL down from the morning. I am not sure that it came back up that entire day. That LL turned into a Multiple Experience for HS.

TSMM had a short standby, so we did that before our ADR at Roundup Rodeo BBQ.

IMG_6975.jpeg

I was clearly Player 1. 💁‍♀️

I checked in for our ADR and we were seated very quickly. This restaurant was still quite new at this point, and I had read that it was taking guests along time to be seated, but that was not our experience.

IMG_6977.jpeg

Very excited!

Full disclosure, I am aware that some of these items are no longer on the menu. I am particularly sad that the fried pickles are gone because have plans to eat here again this summer and those were delish.

IMG_6981.jpeg

IMG_6983.jpeg

IMG_6984.jpeg

IMG_6985.jpeg

Salmon did not come on the platter, but was available for ordering at no extra cost. Not sure if they still do this or not!

IMG_6987.jpeg

IMG_6992.jpeg

Overall, we really enjoyed this meal! I ate all of the brisket and Dad pretty much ate everything else. We had no food left, but definitely didn’t need seconds. I wish they’d add characters to this meal, but other than that, no complaints at all.

ToInfinity

Original Poster
At this point, between the previous night and today, we had done everything we wanted to in HS. I headed to a blue umbrella to see what could be done about our Multiple Experience LL. They kindly switched it to AK, but we had to select a specific ride so we went with EE. It also had been 2 hours since I booked the last one, so I booked another one for NRJ!

We left HS, walked back to Boardwalk, changed into fresh clothes, and were in AK just before 4:00.

IMG_6996.jpeg

The sky though…. A bit of foreshadowing?

IMG_7004.jpeg

AK is not our personal favorite. We have been known to completely skip it on trips. I wanted to see FotLK back in its pre-pandemic form though, so that was the main goal of this visit. We ended up having 3 LL’s booked though too before we even walked in, so not too shabby!

Pandora was first. I wouldn’t wait more than 20 minutes standby for this one. Today our LL had us on in less than 10.

IMG_7005.jpeg

IMG_7006.jpeg

Thank goodness, because it was quite disappointing to be greeted with this SCREEN.

IMG_7009.jpeg

The skies opened up as we exited NRJ. We hurried over to FotLK. I was a bit more prepared for the weather than Dad. 😂

IMG_7011.jpeg

IMG_7010.jpeg

Waiting for the show was WET. There is a pergola in the waiting area but no actual cover. The show was totally worth it though!

IMG_7013.jpeg

IMG_7018.jpeg

IMG_7020.jpeg

ToInfinity

Original Poster
AK is my least favorite park, but I do appreciate the attention to detail.

IMG_7037.jpeg

Which, granted, was much easier to take in with so few people in the park. The rain drove a lot of people out.

IMG_7039.jpeg

As Dad said, they put all this money into building this giant stadium only for this to be its fate… 😂

IMG_7040.jpeg

At this point if you couldn’t tell, we had walked over to EE. We had a LL ready for that and for Dinosaur. EE was still closed for weather. Dinosaur went down when we got close.

Disappointed that we couldn’t use either of the LL we had, we went to guest services and they were SO kind to modify them to be redeemed in Epcot the following morning.

By 7:30, we were back in the room and the weather had finally cleared. Dad wanted to chill and go grab dinner on the Boardwalk. I, on the other hand, decided to take it solo and attempt a 4-park challenge. I had HS and AK taken care of, so the plan was to walk to Epcot and then ride the monorail to MK.

IMG_7042.jpeg

IMG_7043.jpeg

LOVE the topiaries. I was so disappointed that Flower & Garden will end before our June trip this year!

IMG_7048.jpeg

IMG_7049.jpeg

IMG_7050.jpeg

ToInfinity

Original Poster
The wait was short so I hopped on Figment. I had a whole vehicle to myself!

IMG_7051.jpeg

IMG_7054.jpeg

IMG_7056.jpeg

Nemo was also a walk-on.

IMG_7059.jpeg

So empty it was almost creepy.

IMG_7063.jpeg

Not a soul in sight!

IMG_7064.jpeg

Well, except these guys.

IMG_7075.jpeg

IMG_7076.jpeg

Now, on to MK! A little light show action was had before the monorail.

IMG_7082.jpeg

By 8:45 I was on my way!

ToInfinity

Original Poster
The crowds entering MK were wild, especially considering that there were MK special events or evening hours going on.

IMG_7086.jpeg

But, I made it!

IMG_7088.jpeg

IMG_7092.jpeg

Solo Mansion ride? SOLD.

IMG_7094.jpeg

Uh, where are all the happy haunts?

IMG_7095.jpeg

Oh. Here they are.

IMG_7118.jpeg

IMG_7099.jpeg

(P.S. I most certainly did not nail it 😂)

Very excited for this to open!

IMG_7110.jpeg

BTMRR was short so I headed there next. More rain was coming, but I snuck on just before it arrived.

IMG_7112.jpeg

ToInfinity

Original Poster
I also grabbed a quick late night snack. 😊

IMG_7114.jpeg

With the rain coming down steadily, I called it a night. Goodnight, MK!

IMG_7115.jpeg

IMG_7117.jpeg

When I got back to the room, my watch said I walked over 12 miles on this day. Needless to say, I slept quite well!

What did Dad do during all this time? He hung out at Big River Brewing, enjoying some nachos and beer. That location has since closed!

ToInfinity

Original Poster
Day 5: June 3

Today, the plan was to revisit some favorites at Epcot at MK since it was our last full day.

I started the morning by getting this. (My goal on this incoming trip is to be even quicker!)

IMG_7122.png

While Dad was getting ready, I went downstairs to fix an issue with his magic band. I was a fan of the mirrors on the elevators at Boardwalk. 😂

IMG_7123.jpeg

With guest services modifying our two unusable LL’s from yesterday, we were starting the day with this set up. Not too shabby.

IMG_7125.png

Since we entered at the IG, we started the day with Ratatouille. On the way, we had a Minnie sighting and a bit of skyliner admiration.

IMG_7127.jpeg

IMG_7129.jpeg

I really do love this Ratatouille ride. The soundtrack is just magical to me!

We made our way to Soarin’ next, but stopped along the way to check out some topiaries and the butterfly garden.

IMG_7130.jpeg

IMG_7131.jpeg

IMG_7132.jpeg

ToInfinity

Original Poster
Hey, Pat!

IMG_7137.jpeg

IMG_7138.jpeg

I was ready for a morning snack so I grabbed this chocolate mousse in The Land. Y’all, I know it’s just mousse, but I still think about this to this day. It was SO good.

IMG_7140.jpeg

We thought about LwtL next, but saw this line and said no thanks.

IMG_7141.jpeg

It was close to time for our GotG group to be called, so we stalled and had some Beverly while we waited.

IMG_7142.jpeg

Let’s be honest. I didn’t have Beverly. I had the delicious fruity options. But, I did enjoy watching others try it. 💁‍♀️

We did Guardians next. I can’t wait until this is longer a VQ.

IMG_7144.jpeg

With it approaching noon and the food booths being open now, we hopped in line for our first one.

(disclaimer: due to this being so long ago (😳) I don’t know exactly what booths or what things are called so forgive me. 😂)

From the booth near Test Track, I got this cinnamon roll item and dad got the shrimp and grits.

IMG_7145.jpeg

IMG_7146.jpeg

I didn’t love mine, but Dad did enjoy his (and the rest of mine)!

Next we went to the Odyssey building. Here, I got my favorite thing of the festival: the tempura shrimp! This was DELICIOUS.

IMG_7147.jpeg

ToInfinity

Original Poster
We enjoyed the AC for a bit and then made our way on to Mexico. On the way, I admired this fish.

IMG_7148.jpeg

I was still hungry so I got nachos from the Mexico QS. We lucked out with a table right on the water.

IMG_7150.jpeg

Then we rode the boat IN the water.

IMG_7154.jpeg

At some point, I had booked a Frozen LL, which we did next.

We look thrilled. 😂

IMG_7158.jpeg

Hot and ready for a break, we backtracked, took a quick photo with these guys, and went back to the Boardwalk. I grabbed this from Carousel coffee and enjoyed it in a quiet spot while Dad rested in the room.
IMG_1036.jpeg

IMG_7157.jpeg

After a little while, we left for MK.

IMG_1047.jpeg

I had several LL’s stacked, and BTMRR was the first.

IMG_7159.jpeg

ToInfinity

Original Poster
Next was Peter Pan. I thought the colors were particularly vibrant in this section. Recent painting?

IMG_7161.jpeg

IMG_7163.jpeg

A few minutes later, we were enjoying our Shirley status (@Tuvalu ) upstairs in CHH. I couldn’t believe it was empty because it was nearly 5:30.

IMG_7169.jpeg

We both enjoyed the platter!

IMG_7170.jpeg

On to Buzz for another LL.

Galactic Hero, at your service. 💁‍♀️

IMG_7173.jpeg

(up close, these vehicles are disgusting.)

IMG_7172.jpeg

We took a visit to Space (Mountain) next. Well, I did. Dad waited outside because his back couldn’t take another ride on this. 😅

IMG_7174.jpeg

ToInfinity

Original Poster
After Space Mountain, we took a break to check out the Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow.

IMG_7176.jpeg

I do hope they never change this attraction. I have quite the soft spot for Disney history.

IMG_7180.jpeg

IMG_7181.jpeg

With our evening, and trip, coming to a close, we took a final spin on the PeopleMover.

IMG_7183.jpeg

I told Dad to strike a pose. 😅

IMG_7184.jpeg

Next was our final LL for Pooh.

IMG_7188.jpeg

IMG_7186.jpeg

Our last ride of the trip was one to remember. Little Mermaid was listed as a 10 minute wait. Okay, we thought. Great! We got in line and were stopped in the part of the queue where every sound echoes. Then, we stopped. For a long time. 25 minutes, to be exact. We should have bailed, but we are optimists and kept hoping it would move again. It finally did, and we boarded.

IMG_7191.jpeg

IMG_7193.jpeg

ToInfinity

Original Poster
Everything was going well until, well, until our clamshell decided it was NOT going to turn the way it was meant to and we spent the entire rest of the ride facing the guests next to us.

IMG_7194.jpeg

IMG_7197.jpeg

Y’all, I could not contain myself. We were both ROLLING. The people next to us didn’t seem to think anything about it, which made it even funnier.

I managed to take a couple of decent ride photos. 😂

IMG_7203.jpeg

Oh, hello again.

IMG_7205.jpeg

IMG_7207.jpeg

We made it to the end and the CM had to physically turn us around so we could exit the vehicle.

IMG_7208.jpeg

What a last ride of the trip that was. 😂😂

It was 8:30 and we had packing to do so we headed out. See ya real soon, MK!

IMG_7209.jpeg

ToInfinity

Original Poster
The next morning, Mears was scheduled to pick us up at 10:45. We took the skyliner to the Riviera for breakfast at Primo Piatto.

IMG_7246.jpeg

IMG_7249.jpeg

Dad got a breakfast sandwich and I got the pancakes. I wasn’t in the right mood for them, but they were decent. He liked the sandwich just fine.

IMG_7250.jpeg

IMG_7251.jpeg

I grabbed a cookie from the Boardwalk before we said goodbye to our room.

IMG_7252.jpeg

Before we knew it, we were off to the airport. See ya real soon! 🤍

IMG_7256.jpeg

Coming up……… a new trip taking place VERY soon.

Featuring many exciting things including:
-A stay at Wilderness Lodge (For the First time in Forever!) 🌲
-My niece’s FIRST trip (!!) 🤍
-An Annual Pass Purchase (!?!) 🎉
-An Attempt at Live Reporting (Ha. We’ll see. 😂)

Thanks for following along! ♥️

cgersic

Thanks for the great wrap up and can't wait to hear all about the next trip! Always good to see you and your Dad having fun together - so thank you for taking the time to report!
Fathers Day Hug GIF by Disney

ToInfinity

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. Looking for forward to your next one as we are staying at WL for the first time next year and really excited about it.
Thanks for following along! We stayed at WL way back in 2003, so I’m excited to go back. We are actually staying in Boulder Ridge to have more space, but I’ll share about WL itself too!

Thanks for the great wrap up and can't wait to hear all about the next trip! Always good to see you and your Dad having fun together - so thank you for taking the time to report!
Fathers Day Hug GIF by Disney
Thank you! I really enjoyed this trip with him. I’m excited to have my sister, BIL and niece along this time though, too!

Thank you for your report, I enjoyed it!
Thanks for following along! 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom