Boardwalk

pdigout

It is great. You cant beat it for location. It is in walking distance to Epcot and MGM, as well as a short boat ride to them as well. I find that if you are stayign on the Villa's side that some of the rooms can be VERY far away from the elevator, but woudl still STRONGLY recomend it. the nighttime activities there and ambiance is also somethign that cant be beat. Definately check it out

Upvote 0

wdwishes2005

Original Poster
pdigout said:
It is great. You cant beat it for location. It is in walking distance to Epcot and MGM, as well as a short boat ride to them as well. I find that if you are stayign on the Villa's side that some of the rooms can be VERY far away from the elevator, but woudl still STRONGLY recomend it. the nighttime activities there and ambiance is also somethign that cant be beat. Definately check it out

that is the next hotel i'm trying, just wanted to get tips, and reviews about it.

Upvote 0

DisneySam

Very Beautiful Hotel. We were planning on having a business conference at the Boardwalk meeting center, and we got the grand tour. Very nice, its on my list for hotels to try next. (Plus I love the boat launch to Epcot and MGM)

Upvote 0

Cliffordsmon

The Boardwalk is wonderful! Everything is at your fingertips yet you can slip away to the peace and quiet of your room (if you get a courtyard view) and forget where you are.

In the courtyard rooms we stayed in the daybeds were not the full size that we were used to at the Y&B, no mini-bar in room and the bath area is a tad smaller than Y&B. They did provide us with a refrigerator but you need to request one on check-in.

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

tigsmom said:
I'll be there in just a few weeks. Can't wait to try it out! :wave:

We'll be there in September. Have stayed at Beach Club a few times and loved the location, and wanted to try a different resort in the same area.

Upvote 0

Pippa

We stayed there on our first trip in 1998 and would love to stay there again. It was so quiet and relaxing even though it's a stones throw from Epcot & MGM, the in room breakfast was to die for, the Boardwalk bakery and the pizza window are great. Our balcony overlooked the entrance to the hotel so we could sit and people watch. If I save enough pennies maybe I could stay there again *sigh*

Upvote 0

ArielBelle

My parents own DVC and out of all the resorts I have ever stayed in, BW is by far my favorite!!

I don't like Old Key West/Saratoga because driving up to your room, I just don't feel like I am at a resort. I would rather walk into a hotel lobby, with valet and all of that--makes me feel like I am really on vacation! Nothing beats walking through the lobby with all the "hustle and bustle" happening around you.

Over the past year I got to have a lot of experience in DVC resorts.

First, my parents made reservations for my boyfriend and I to stay at a studio in BW, my boyfriend still talks about how beautiful it was. Yes, the rooms are a bit smaller compared to the older DVC resorts--but we were fine!

Then, a month later we stayed in a Grand Villa at OKW with the family, my boyfriend, and a few extra friends! That was amazing, because the Grand Villa is amazing, but I missed the hotel atmosphere.

A couple months after that, for Valentine's Day, my parents made reservations for my boyfriend and I and our best friend and his girlfriend to stay at Villas at Wilderness Lodge. LOVED the decor and theming, but the DVC Villas are far away from the action...which by now you know is what I crave.

I've stayed at the Beach Club once before...but same problem--the DVC villas are so separated...not my style!

I feel like BW "feels" the most luxorious, comparative to Grand Floridian IMO. And Spoodles has great food! The bakery on the boardwalk quickly became a nighttime tradition..and the boyfriend loved the ESPN club. We had a boardwalk view and would sit out on the balcony "people-watching" eating our pastries.

Ohhhh how I love it. Next trip in October we are back at OKW (my parents favorite because they like being able to drive up to your room, and the overall quiet atmosphere)...but I can't complain. The two bedroom there is HUGE!

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

All I saw of the resort was the lobby (i needed to use the facilities before taking the boat to MGM :lookaroun ) It was very pretty and surprisingly quiet. The Boardwalk area itself was very relaxing...we went for the first time last May and enjoyed it. Taking the boat from MGM to the Boardwalk at night is a lot more relaxing than taking the bus.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

hcswingfield said:
We'll be there in September. Have stayed at Beach Club a few times and loved the location, and wanted to try a different resort in the same area.

We have never stayed in that area. We looked at the Yacht & Beach Club too, but we really liked the look of the Boardwalk Inn.
We usually stay in the WL.

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

You will love it!

A few tips: Plan on walking back from MGM, it's faster than waiting for a bus or boat when the park closes, and the evening is usually cool and pleasant for the walk. Great place to watch Illuminations is on the bridge between England and France. After the show, you can just scoot out the back gate to the resort and miss the crowds. Even though you aren't staying there, check out the breakfast buffet at the Yacht Club Galley. Spoodle's at BW also has great breakfast, and lots of theming. Take the boat to MGM in the morning, it's a great ride, but just walk to Epcot. You are almost already there.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

hcswingfield said:
You will love it!

A few tips: Plan on walking back from MGM, it's faster than waiting for a bus or boat when the park closes, and the evening is usually cool and pleasant for the walk. Great place to watch Illuminations is on the bridge between England and France. After the show, you can just scoot out the back gate to the resort and miss the crowds. Even though you aren't staying there, check out the breakfast buffet at the Yacht Club Galley. Spoodle's at BW also has great breakfast, and lots of theming. Take the boat to MGM in the morning, it's a great ride, but just walk to Epcot. You are almost already there.

Thanks! We are also thinking about the breakfast at Cape May Cafe, we have done the Dinner buffet. :slurp:

Upvote 0

Discmen

The Boardwalk is my new favorite resort. In particular, the concierge service is spectacular. The lounge is beautiful, and the staff seems to just be waiting around to help you with whatever you need. They encourage you to take water and soda to your room, and one CM actually noticed that I had overpaid for my park tickets and had more than $400.00 credited back to my account.

The hotel is beautiful, and I liked the quiet pool more than the one with the waterslide. I have nothing but good things to say about the BW.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

The slide is really fun and very well done. The con to that pro is that it is in need of some TLC b/c your back gets ripped up as you slide down. But that adds to the excitement and keeps you squirming as you slide.

Great location, love it!!

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

surfsupdon said:
The slide is really fun and very well done. The con to that pro is that it is in need of some TLC b/c your back gets ripped up as you slide down. But that adds to the excitement and keeps you squirming as you slide.

Great location, love it!!

I read the pool is going to be closed a few days in September for refurbishing. Maybe that's one of the things being repaired. I hope so. I hate it when my back gets ripped!

Upvote 0

CoffeeJedi

surfsupdon said:
:lookaroun
you uh.. have a different definition of "excitement" than i do

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom