Boardwalk. . .

flounder

Hi all. . .Just wondering if any of you out there have ever stayed at the Boardwalk and if so maybe your could give a few suggestions or pointers on the place. . .only 126 short days and counting till another magical vacation in WDW!! :sohappy: disney Dreams all. . .;)

celestia

I never stayed there, but i hung out there a lot. There are surrey bikes (four wheel 4 seater bikes with a canopy on top) that you can ride around the lake (lots of fun) and there is a great ice cream parlor, some good restaurants, an art gallery or two, some street entertainment at night (although i found it to be lacking sometimes) and there are boats to a few other hotels, epcot, and disney-mgm studios, and most importantly it is VERY close to my favorite park, Epcot! :)

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

My wife and I stayed there for our anniversary in October. It was just amazing.

A few days before we arrived, I faxed the room assigner and explained it was our anniversary and asked for a room with a good romantic view of Epcot. They did not disappoint! We could see all of Epcot from our Balcony.

The room was nice with two double beds. It was clean and comfortable. The balcony was my wife's favorite part. Only problem we had was with the TV remote, but a call to housekeeping took care of that. They even brought us a little gift to help celebrate our anniversary.

There are some great restaurants located at Boardwalk. Spoodles has great pastas and pizza. Flying Fish Cafe has just wonderful seafood and I consider it to be one of the best restaurants in the resort, we never miss it.

The theamed pool is interesting with a waterslide modeled after an old Coney Island wooden rollercoaster. The quite pool is nice and cozy.

But my favorite part is that you can walk right into Epcot's back door. They have boat service to Epcot's international gateway and to MGM, but it's barely a 5 minute walk to Epcot. It was perfect for the food and wine fest in October. We could walk, eat and drink a little, walk back to our room and relax.

Enjoy your trip! you'll love it.

Upvote 0
We stayed at the Boardwalk in 2001 and the Grand Floridian in 2002. I would stay at the Boardwalk again over the GF. You will enjoy the restaurants on the Boardwalk. Jellyrolls is fun, if you have an adult night available. And I agree, it is great to walk about 5-10 minutes and be at Epcot. After Illuminations, it's great to not fight crowds or transportation, and just saunter back to your resort. Use the boats for MGM. If you have the $$ (and it does take some $$) try Shula's steakhouse across the way at the Dolphin hotel. Also, the Yachtsman steakhouse at the Yachtclub Resort is good. ESPN Club is great for a burger or a quick bite.

They upgraded us to the Garden Suites when we checked in. We just asked if an upgrade was possible, and they gave it to us at no extra charge. At the time, it was about $800 a night regular price. It's worth a try when you check in. Even if they will upgrade you to a concierge room, the breakfast in the Concierge Hospitality room lets you fill up before hitting the parks, and saves you $$ on breakfast.

You will have a great time at the Boardwalk. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom