boardwalk

disneyfromvermo

I am planning a trip to WDW for early in 2008. I am trying to figure out what to do with an extra evening. I have read a few things about visiting the boardwalk area. Can anyone tell me what there is to do on the boardwalk? Is it just food and shopping? Any information would be appreciated.

Unplugged

I am planning a trip to WDW for early in 2008. I am trying to figure out what to do with an extra evening. I have read a few things about visiting the boardwalk area. Can anyone tell me what there is to do on the boardwalk? Is it just food and shopping? Any information would be appreciated.

Boardwalk is designed like the old amusement boardwalks in that they have roaming entertainers (piano bicyclist, jugglers, magicians, etc.) as well as some carnival-like games and rent the surry bikes (most likely have the name wrong but they are the covered 4-6-8 person family bikes that can be driven around the entire lake). There is ESPN Sports club, an arcade, a Dance Hall, and micro-brew. If you're just looking to relax, they have some great vantage points, the walkway wraps the entire lake so you can walk to all of the EPCOT resorts (Swan, Dolphin, Yacht & Beach Clubs) as well as EPCOT, and the Studios. Most entertainment occurs there evenings when the sun is setting (cooler) and it's busier as folks have returned from the parks.

My family uses it as a "slow down" evening. We walk the Beach at Beach Club, wander around the lake, watch the EPCOT fireworks from Boardwalk, grab a beer at the brewery, enjoy the entertainment, then catch a bus to Downtown. It makes for a nice evening. As an eating side-note...you can get some great food at the Spoodle's walk-up pizza window and the bakery. We've had some salads and calzones there that were awesome. It's nice to get a flavorful snack and walk around or eat on the boardwalk with the entertainers performing.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Yanks07

Lots of food on the Boardwalk and in the resorts around it. Some shopping. Nightly entertainment you would normally find on a boardwalk (Jugglers,etc..)
A Dance hall, dueling piano bar, and ESPN club, all open till very late. Mini golf a 10 min walk also.

Upvote 0
The boardwalk is just a fun place to walk around. If you have ever visited the real boardwalks on the east coast it makes it even more special. They have surreys that you can rent just like on the real boardwalks. And just as a suggestion there is an excellent micro-brewry(the Big River Grille & Brewing Works) that has really great food. I got the mahi mahi sandwich and was very impressed. But if it doesn't float your boat there are many other that were already mentioned (ESPN Club, Jelly Rolls, The Boardwalk Bakery, Spoodles, Flying Fish Cafe, a Candy Shop). No matter what I can assure you that you will have a great time no matter where you visit on the Boardwalk. Have fun!

Upvote 0

djmatthews

I fell in love with this place; it has such an amazing location. If you decide to take a trip to the Boardwalk, make sure you have a wonder around the hotel itself as well as experience the restaurants, entertainment etc etc..

Upvote 0

coltow

We make the stop here once every trip. It's a nice relaxing walk around the lake. We do stop in the shops and we walk through the resorts and check out what going on there. You can play carnival games and rent bikes (just be very careful on the hills).

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I've stayed there with my family and really enjoyed it also. We rented a surrey bike so that we could take a ride around the lake. This was so much fun. We laughed the entire way around the lake. It made a very good memory for us.

Pam

Upvote 0

sophie_the_pooh

It's a really nice place to relax and take a break from the usual Disney pace. The stores aren't that great (in my opinion!), but the restaurants are worth the stop. We had dinner at the Flying Fish Cafe and we had a great experience! The food was amazing and the service was excellent. It's also a good spot to watch Illuminations.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom