Boardwalk, Yacht or Beach - Help

captainkidd

So, we've decided to stay at the Epcot end of Disney next summer. I simply can't decide between the Boardwalk or Yacht and Beach Club. Never stayed at either.

I think I like the rooms better at Boardwalk. But obviously, I like the pool better at Y&B.
I love the idea of the Boardwalk.
I don't like that there are no restaurants actually in the Boardwalk hotel itself.
Having been to the area at night, we'll be over at the Boardwalk, look across the water at Y&B and just be in awe of how gorgeous the view is. But which one is that a plus for?:shrug:
Please help me decide, and give me some reasons.

Thanks!

Whimsy

I've stayed at these resorts and I would definitely say Beach Club. You can't beat the close walk to Epcot (closer than Y or BWI), also the pool at Y&B is amazing. I know that Boardwalk Inn is undergoing room refurbishments = new furniture, decor, & possible flat screen TV? But, that isn't to say that Y&B won't get refreshes in the near future. If you're a sucker for interior design like me, Beach Club = more "cuter" yellow and light blues adorned with seashells and beach scenes. Yacht Club = more of a masculine, white, blue, and tan decor with heavy nautical elements. Lastly, Boardwalk Inn (with present decor) = whimsical, bygone era-esque with rooms in shades of blue, cream, and white sporting vintage decor such as postcard curtains and botanical prints. The atmosphere at B and BWI are much more light and airy, where as Y can get more "moody/romantic".

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

If you're a sucker for interior design like me, Beach Club = more "cuter" yellow and light blues adorned with seashells and beach scenes. Yacht Club = more of a masculine, white, blue, and tan decor with heavy nautical elements. Lastly, Boardwalk Inn (with present decor) = whimsical, bygone era-esque with rooms in shades of blue, cream, and white sporting vintage decor such as postcard curtains and botanical prints. The atmosphere at B and BWI are much more light and airy, where as Y can get more "moody/romantic".
I think you hit it with that statement. I remember walking into the BW and saying "this is it?, this is what I'm paying for.?" The decor didn't put me into the Disney mood I wanted like AK did the time before (and I paid a hell of a lot less for AK). You pay the same weather you stay at Y&B or BW.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
I've stayed at these resorts and I would definitely say Beach Club. You can't beat the close walk to Epcot (closer than Y or BWI), also the pool at Y&B is amazing. I know that Boardwalk Inn is undergoing room refurbishments = new furniture, decor, & possible flat screen TV? But, that isn't to say that Y&B won't get refreshes in the near future. If you're a sucker for interior design like me, Beach Club = more "cuter" yellow and light blues adorned with seashells and beach scenes. Yacht Club = more of a masculine, white, blue, and tan decor with heavy nautical elements. Lastly, Boardwalk Inn (with present decor) = whimsical, bygone era-esque with rooms in shades of blue, cream, and white sporting vintage decor such as postcard curtains and botanical prints. The atmosphere at B and BWI are much more light and airy, where as Y can get more "moody/romantic".

From the sounds of it, I'd like the Boardwalk rooms the best. I definitely like the bygone era theme. Does the Boardwalk have a gift shop inside the hotel that sells snacks, etc? We have 3 kids, 2 being toddlers, so a quick place ti run and grab some juice is a must.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

From the sounds of it, I'd like the Boardwalk rooms the best. I definitely like the bygone era theme. Does the Boardwalk have a gift shop inside the hotel that sells snacks, etc? We have 3 kids, 2 being toddlers, so a quick place ti run and grab some juice is a must.
There is no gift shop inside. There is a small Dundy's Sundries located just off the lobby on the Villa side, I found it useless.

Upvote 0

Whimsy

I'd say that BWI and BC are equally gorgeous! I just love the themes on them both. Something to note though - the rooms are probably going to change on BWI if you're staying there NEXT summer since they are doing refurbs right now. The lobby and everything else will probably stay the same. I'd still google pictures of the rooms on both though if you haven't already. The lights, shops, and ambience at night at BWI are amazing, but if you want a grab and go snack shop - Beach Club Marketplace all the way. Definitely a hard decision - but you can't really go wrong with either!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Your question asked which one would I stay at.

I have to say Boardwalk. Why ?

1) I use DVC, so when in the BC Villas, I am "detached" form the BC "hotel" anyway. So all the talk about no gift shop or restaruant in the hotel is now out of the equation.

2) I like the decor of the BW better, but thats not really a big deal to me.

3) I like the BW pool better. Yes, shocking. I like to swim, as in lanes, as in back and forth. Not as in dodging the absolute CRUSH of people that are all over the "lazy river". I will give you this though, it is a very nice pool and a load of fun for kids.

4) The pool bar at BW is in better proximity to the pool than at BC

5) Jellyrolls

6) Walking to the BW to get food in the AM is not a big deal. My kids and I rarely eat at the resort we are staying at anyway.

These points may or may not apply to you, but for ME thats why I like BWV

-dave

Upvote 0

Tinksgang

HI!! I'm new here but have been to WDW for over the past 20 years, love it!

We have stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and the Beach Club. I LOVED the Boardwalk, the castmembers were so pleasant and always going out of their way to give my girls a little extra Disney magic (they'd give them toys whenever we passed through the lobby). I found the Boardwalk to be very peaceful. And though all dining options are located outside, it isn't that bad of a walk, you'll be walking in the parks. We would walk over to the Dolphin or to the snack bar at the BC gift shop. And we always walked to Epcot, it's right there!

Now the Beach Club on the other hand, was my "dream" resort and I was so disappointed. First, not only were the castmembers rude, I found that most of the guests staying there were as well. Our room (view of the Boardwalk) was worn, it was in need of a rehab. And as amazing as the pool was, it was always mobbed. We found it was hard to get around (at one spot, there is a traffic jam as the pool comes so close to the building, that it is single lane of people getting by), numerous times we got tied up waiting to get around that pool. In addition, we found bandaids, straws and other garbage while digging in the sand. While Beaches and Cream is fabulous, it is near impossible to get in, there wasn't a time when it wasn't packed. Cape May Character breakfast was ok, Chef Mickey's is better. The snackbar in the gift shop did have the best breakfast sandwich though. So much for my dream resort!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I did not enjoy the Boardwalk. The rooms were stunning and the location superb, however I thought the resort lacked the warmth and friendliness that we have experienced in other resorts. CMs appeared to go through the motions, and that all amenities are on the Boardwalk give it a disjointed feel.

We had originally planned on the beach club this year as we felt it had a nicer atmosphere and better lay out based on the exploring we did when visiting for meals.

Upvote 0

Anthony95

havent' read the thread:

if you choose the boardwalk: i recommend highly you stay in the main building where access is to the lobby via elevator... you are in the center of things and can go either direction for food or boardwalk spots. and its closer to the bus depot!!

otherwise... you're doing some WALKING...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom