Boardwalk, Yacht or Beach - Help

captainkidd

So, we've decided to stay at the Epcot end of Disney next summer. I simply can't decide between the Boardwalk or Yacht and Beach Club. Never stayed at either.

I think I like the rooms better at Boardwalk. But obviously, I like the pool better at Y&B.
I love the idea of the Boardwalk.
I don't like that there are no restaurants actually in the Boardwalk hotel itself.
Having been to the area at night, we'll be over at the Boardwalk, look across the water at Y&B and just be in awe of how gorgeous the view is. But which one is that a plus for?:shrug:
Please help me decide, and give me some reasons.

Thanks!

Edisto Pluto

We have stayed at all of them. They are all nice resorts. For us it would be a dead tie for the Y&B. I guess each person or family has its own reasons for favoring a resort. The kids have always loved the pool at the Y&B. The rooms are more to our liking at the Yacht but the last three visits have been at the Beach and our rooms have been great with good views and convenience. My only complaint about the Boardwalk.......both times we've stayed there our room was a bit noisy. The rooms at the Boardwalk also seem a little smaller.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

The room at the Boardwalk In n are very nice, but it is a very large hotel and nothing is close by. All of the food options are outside ( that's where you buy and fill your mugs). I did not feel comfortable letting my tween go to get a snack by herself like I do at other places.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The room at the Boardwalk In n are very nice, but it is a very large hotel and nothing is close by. All of the food options are outside ( that's where you buy and fill your mugs). I did not feel comfortable letting my tween go to get a snack by herself like I do at other places.

Those are my main reasons for choosing Beach. I do consider Y&B pretty much interchangable. Pool is also better for younger family members.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Between Yacht and Beach, which offers the following:

Shortest walk to Boardwalk
Shortest walk to Epcot
Shortest walk to buses
Shortes walk to the Studios

Also, do both have some sort of fast food/food court option?

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Shortest walk to Epcot
Shortest walk to buses

Yes and also Beaches and Cream...We have stayed at BW and this Sept will be staying a Beach Club.

Upvote 0

wdwfan100

I would say it is a tie.

Shortest walk to Epcot

Beach Club

Shortest walk to buses

Each resort has its own bus depots

Yacht club, though you can catch a boat there from both resorts

Beach club Marketplace is a quick counter service restaurant. Not quite a food court, but close.

I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

PoohBear119

Stay at Y&B and then you can always walk over to the Boardwalk side of things. Hubby and I did this on our honeymoon. It's a nice atmosphere at the Beach Club too. And Beaches and Cream is a plus in my book.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Shortest walk to Epcot
Shortest walk to buses

Since the YC/BC are right next to each other one is just a few feet further from the boardwalk, either way it's just a short walk around the lake, same for Epcot and the Studios. There is also a boat ride over if you are tired or feeling lazy.

Deluxe hotels do not have food courts, they have snack bars for fast food and they both have pretty nice offerings. We haven't stayed in either, but we do visit on our trips. Love Cape May Cafe for the seafood buffet dinner in the BC. :slurp:

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Deluxe hotels do not have food courts, they have snack bars for fast food and they both have pretty nice offerings. We haven't stayed in either, but we do visit on our trips. Love Cape May Cafe for the seafood buffet dinner in the BC. :slurp:

I guess I'm looking for someplace that I can run downstairs and grab a quick snack at. Do both Yacht and Beach have souvenier stores and/or stores that sell snacks?

Upvote 0
I would choose the Beach Club, I am biased though, because we always stay there. The Beach Club has a great atmosphere, its extremely close to Epcot and the boat stops there right before the studios and swan and dolphin.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I've stayed at both the Boardwalk and Beach Club Resorts - they're both a tie for me. I'd probably stay at the Boardwalk if I HAD to choose.

BUT...the Beach/Yacht club does have a better pool - I love the sand-bottom pool.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I guess I'm looking for someplace that I can run downstairs and grab a quick snack at. Do both Yacht and Beach have souvenier stores and/or stores that sell snacks?

The stores sell snacks, but you can get them at the snack bar also...cookies, doughnuts, fruit, cereals, that sort of stuff. Take a look at our menu section.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

I think Y&B have the best souvenier stores but BC a little better then Yacht. They have clothes with their logo, something that was lacking when I went to BW. I like to find shirts that have resort logo as it different then the usual park shirts.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

[FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-1]You can also go to Beaches and Cream OR the Beach Club Marketplace for early morning coffee and limited breakfast items (as early as 6:30.am.).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-1]What are the restaurants like?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-1]The BC resort area has quite a variety of restaurants to fit your dining needs[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-1]Beaches and Cream is a '50s type hotshop serving burgers, hot dogs, soups, grilled cheese, and of course ice cream. It is small and noisy but fun. There are a few small tables and chairs outside Beaches and Cream you can also sit at.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-1]Beach Club Marketplace - Opened April 2005 and offers some made-to-order sandwiches, as well as prepackaged sandwiches and salads, desserts and drinks. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-1]The Cape May Cafe hosts a daily character breakfast buffet (7:30 - 11:00) featuring Beachy Goofy and his friends. This has to be one of the largest amounts of breakfast foods I've ever seen. In the evening, the Cafe hosts a Clam Bake buffet. Folks seem to love the Seafood Buffet![/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-1]There are also 2 lounges, the Rip Tide and Martha's Vineyard. Martha's is open evenings only -- it's a full bar, but also offers "flights" of wine.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-1]Hurricane Hanna's is a poolside full-service bar which also serves food (burgers, hotdogs, etc,). Hurricane Hanna's participates in the resort's refillable mug program. Hurricane Hanna's is open 11 a.m.-6 p.m. during the summer; 11 a.m.- 5 p.m. during the winter.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Upvote 0

disney1077

I would pick the Beach Club. That is where I always stay. I would stay no where else. It is a beautiful resort. The rooms are nice and spacious. There is no food court but like someone mentioned there is the Beach Club Marketplace located in the resort to buy packaged sandwhiches and assorted snacks. They also have nice souveniers to buy. You can also refill your mugs there. Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom