Boardwalk villas..... worth it?

rlm919

Wife and I are currently booked at Coronado for may 9th-15th. Her birthday falls during our trip and I would like go give a little surprise and upgrade to a boardwalk villas studio.

It will cost roughly $800 more so my question to those with experience- is it worth it? Why or why not?

Thx

ajt5027

As a Vacation Club member whose home is the Boardwalk, I would say yes, but I'm probably bias. Weigh your options. Here are some of the reasons I like the Boardwalk:

Walking distance to Epcot, short boat ride to DHS (dont have to worry about buses)
Great reasturants (ESPN stays open till like 1)
Boardwalk Bakery (use your snack for breakfast)
Good for latenight...Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance

Of course theres other great amentities but as an adult this is why I choose the Boardwalk. Also a word about the villas...they're designed for longer stays, thats why theyre equipped with a kitchen, people bring in thier own food and cook. Idk if your a DVC memeber but springing for the villa may not be worth it if you plan on eating all your meals out.

Upvote 0

nolatron

The Boardwalk is one of our favorite resorts. We've stayed three times in a Villa room. We love being able to walk to Epcot and DHS. The theming of the resort and it's atmosphere is one the best. We've found the boardwalk view rooms to be a little noisy sometimes at night (especially if you're near a restaurant like we were). So we like the standard/garden view rooms. Our last room had a great view of the waterway and swan/dolphin hotels.

I've also rented DVC points for my 3 stays. Usually MUCH cheaper than booking at rack rates from Disney but the closer your trip is, the harder it becomes to find a room. Checkout the DVC Point calculator and then the rent/trade forum at disboards to find renters. $10/point is a good average price but you can get lucky with cheaper ones.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

I say with total confidence yes it is worth it. Especially for your special trip for two, you will not regret it. Perfect location for a couple with no kids. Definitely make the upgrade. But, like someone else mentioned, maybe upgrade to a studio. It is so fun to hang out on and walk the boardwalk. Great restaurants and walk to Epcot and HS. Did I sell it yet?! :D

Upvote 0

Bluejay

Staying in an Epcot resort is totally worth it, but I will also encourage you to look into renting DVC points. Im planning a trip in October and I can get into BWV for just a little more than a value resort!

Upvote 0

rlm919

Original Poster
i think I am convinced! hopefully the studio is still available come Saturday and I will make the change.

BTW, even though it is a studio at a villa, we would have mousekeeping right?

Upvote 0

nolatron

i think I am convinced! hopefully the studio is still available come Saturday and I will make the change.

BTW, even though it is a studio at a villa, we would have mousekeeping right?

If you book through Disney as a normal guest paying 'cash' (and not as a DVC member or renting points) you get daily mousekeeping.

Upvote 0

dizzney

BWV is our favorite resort and one of the two DVC resorts we own at. DH and I were there in August for a special anniversary and they were absolutely wonderful to us. I mentioned the anniversary when we booked so i would mention your wifes birthday when you book also

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom