Boardwalk Villas vs. Old Key West

Kellylynn322

Being new to the DVC I am wondering if current members can help me......

My Husband and I are planning a trip with other family at the end of August. My question is where is the better place to stay Old Key West or Boardwalk Villas? The difference in points isn't much and I am wondering where the better rooms and atmosphere are. If any one can help me I would appreciate it.

DisneyPhD

Hi, we also will be making a DVC trip this Aug (13 to 22) We wanted to get into BCV (We own at VWL.) We stayed there last trip and LOVED the pool. It is great for a 2 year old. We were not able to get in there for the time we wanted and was wait listed. After considering it we found that we could stay 3 extra nights at OKW and decided to go for that. I will miss the pool and location for BCV, but I looked into OKW and it seems really great. We are in a stuido, but I have heard that the 1 and 2 bedrooms are really big, and very nice.

We looked into BWV instead of BCV, but both were booked for that time in aug. Are you sure both rooms are avilable? Are you looking into a GV? (OKW and BW are the only 2 places that have them.)

Upvote 0

kwt10

We have stayed at both places many times and the main difference in the two is attitude. OKW has a VERY laid back attitude (no rush for anything) where BWV has a upbeat, more rushed to do stuff attitude. We love both places and according to the type of vacation we want to have decides were we stay. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

trustgod7

We just got back from the BCV and LOVED IT! It's the best resort in Disney. We had a 1 bedroom which was so nice. Full kitchen and a washer and drier in the room. I've stayed in may of Disney's resorts and this tops them all....have a great time....

Upvote 0

CamCodey

Hi!!

We've stayed at OKW in a 1 and 2 bedroom villa. This time we are staying in another 2 bedroom unit. We leave in 10 days!!!

OKW has a wonderful atmosphere & the buses usually aren't crowded, except for trips back after Fantasmic! in MGM or Fireworks at MK when crowds are maxed to come back all at the same time. OKW is very quiet & BWV are not.

I think one of the main things to consider is location, location, location. Boardwalk Villas are just a boat ride or walk to Epcot and MGM.

Also, you will have an easier time getting into OKW than BWV, because of BWV's popularity.

Whatever you decide - have a wonderful time!

Upvote 0

Connears

We have been members at OKW since 1994(12 trips and counting) and absolutely love everything about it. We tried BWV in 2001, 2 bd room. We had a negative experience and won't return. The CM's and attitude are very different. We had to use extra points to get a preferred view and when we arrived in the room we did not have any preferred view. CM at desk would not do anything and so we lived with it until we got home and I called MS and they refunded the extra points. We never ask for anything except non-smoking room, but had family with us and asked to be close to the elevator. We had the next to the last room in the very long corridor! I enjoyed the location of the resort, but the CM's and atmosphere can't compare to OKW. We are trying BCV this June and hope to have a positive experience. OKW is still our favorite!
Connears

Upvote 0

Bagheera

We've been members at OKW since 1995 (8 visits so far), and we love the laid-back atmosphere. We decided to try something different for our next trip, so we're going to be staying at BWV in October. (BCV was booked solid for the accommodations we wanted.) We're preparing ourselves for a different kind of vacation. We're still expecting fun, though. So, to agree with kwt, it all depends on what you'd like the tone of your vacation to be. If you want a laid-back vacation with plenty of downtime, I'd recommend OKW. If you want to be go-go-go and right near Epcot and the Studios, go with BWV.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom