Boardwalk sign missing many a light.

Smiley/OCD

I believe Disneys pay scale for someone who changes lightbulbs out would run around $13 an hour. Getting set up with ladders and a crew is timely. Maybe the issue is justifying the pay out to personnel to screw in some lightbulbs when they would get more out of them for doing something more valuable.
Then obviously, the ball has been dropped and the powers that be don't care. Case in point...we were there in mid-May. Rode Splash on Tuesday. right after the first drop outside, where the cart is on the left, there were 3 or 4 empty water/soda bottles. We rode it again on Friday...I purposely checked again...STILL THERE. As a matter of fact, the label on the Sprite bottle was beginning to fade from being in the hot sun for so long. So if that's the case, how long were they actually there? As we were getting out of the log, I mentioned it to a CM. My DD was in the CP a few years ago and said that CM's always walk the attractions before opening...are they blind, don't care or it's just not getting addressed? It was always those little details that set Disney parks WAY above everyone else. Now, in many ways, that's no longer the case.

castlecake2.0

Then obviously, the ball has been dropped and the powers that be don't care. Case in point...we were there in mid-May. Rode Splash on Tuesday. right after the first drop outside, where the cart is on the left, there were 3 or 4 empty water/soda bottles. We rode it again on Friday...I purposely checked again...STILL THERE. As a matter of fact, the label on the Sprite bottle was beginning to fade from being in the hot sun for so long. So if that's the case, how long were they actually there? As we were getting out of the log, I mentioned it to a CM. My DD was in the CP a few years ago and said that CM's always walk the attractions before opening...are they blind, don't care or it's just not getting addressed? It was always those little details that set Disney parks WAY above everyone else. Now, in many ways, that's no longer the case.
I’ve noticed things like that a lot recently, it’s clear they’re really struggling to get things back to normal. Still short staffed, and the staff they do have is mostly displaced or new. I really hope they get it together soon.

JIMINYCR

Replacing light bulbs and picking up trash isnt the same. Replacing bulbs must require work orders and putting CM's in place to get things done. Park custodial personnel that are around daily should be on top of it but trash thats in view thats sitting around should be picked up by any CM that sees it. On that I agree the ball has been dropped. Maybe its a staffing shortage or maybe not. Park cleanliness has been lacking for some time despite the often used argument that guests have been dirtier than ever before.

Michaelson

I’ve noticed things like that a lot recently, it’s clear they’re really struggling to get things back to normal. Still short staffed, and the staff they do have is mostly displaced or new. I really hope they get it together soon.
Unfortunately, it was going on back last year BEFORE the lock down and mass cutting of staff.

I've told the story before of watching trash being scattered by a maintenance worker when emptying a can across from Skipper Canteen during our visit in February 2019, and them leaving a trail of pizza boxes, dirty paper plates, and uneaten crusts behind them without any effort to clean it up. They knew they had done it too but just kept walking. 😠

A pair of CM's with radios were walking through at the same time, and when I pointed it out, they just shrugged their shoulders and kept walking, continuing to complain to each other about their next week's work schedule.:mad:

The trash just blew through the sitting area where we were we waiting for our reservation at the Canteen to open up.

We felt like we were at a cheap carnival or fair ground that night.

So, it's been a problem for a while. Can't blame Covid for it.

Regards! Michaelson

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Sorry for the bump. A few weeks ago I noticed more of the bulbs around the Epcot resort area must have been replaced. It seemed fuller to me, despite the lighthouse not having any on that evening. Just wanted to give credit when credit is due, since I complain about the burnt out light bulbs.
I noticed this last week as well, they’ve definitely been working on this. Now they just need to fix the Gflo, as it’s lighting is horrendous. I think @peter11435 mentioned at one point they had tried new LED lights but they weren’t working properly? Either way it looks a mess.

Brad Bishop

Guest.services@disneyworld.com

copy and paste this to them. If guests don’t speak up then Disney will keep getting away with it. Yea, you’ll get the typical “thank you for your feedback” response from guest relations, but they DO send the email to the leadership team of the area. I’m actually in the middle of drafting an email to them about my subpar epcot day. Include specifics if you can (date, location etc).

It doesn't seem like you should have to send them an email / speak with them about basic maintenance such as light bulbs being out. This is pretty basic. It's like having a park where the trash cans are overfilling. One trash can? Yeah - go tell a cast member so they can radio it in. Trash cans all around the park? They know about it and don't care.
(and they know you'll pay anyway)

Joesixtoe

Original Poster
I noticed this last week as well, they’ve definitely been working on this. Now they just need to fix the Gflo, as it’s lighting is horrendous. I think @peter11435 mentioned at one point they had tried new LED lights but they weren’t working properly? Either way it looks a mess.
Narcoossee's has been effected by this for years now. This being one of the first buildings you see as your taking the monorail home for the night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom