Boardwalk refurbished rooms?

nickys

Premium Member
Hi! Does anyone know which room categories of the resort have been refurbished already?
I’m not aware they’ve moved onto the rooms yet. I thought they were still at the early stages of the project.

This is a thread about the whole refurbishment:

Tha Realest

Rooms haven’t started from what I last heard. They are moving at snails pace on this project.
I wonder what the timeline on this is. We’re set to be there in mid March. I just saw they announced the Beach Club rooms are being refurbed starting today through April, so it might be odd to taking that project on at the same time as the Boardwalk time. I saw another site out there speculating low availability in September as a data point for that time frame.

nickys

Premium Member
I wonder what the timeline on this is. We’re set to be there in mid March. I just saw they announced the Beach Club rooms are being refurbed starting today through April, so it might be odd to taking that project on at the same time as the Boardwalk time. I saw another site out there speculating low availability in September as a data point for that time frame.
Right now there are refurbishments going on at:

Grand Floridian - resort rooms (and the lobby to come)
Boulder Ridge villas (at WL)
CBR
Beach Club villas - about to start

Disney can certainly cope with multiple refurbishments at once. But aren’t they still doing the external parts of the Boardwalk just now? The new restaurants etc. Once those are done they’ll probably move onto the rooms.

nickys

Premium Member
The villas are expected to be started in the Fall, from September. That’s based on when rooms started being pulled from booking inventory.

Even if they start with the non DVV rooms I don’t think that will be until late Spring.

Just a guess though.

Disone

The villas are expected to be started in the Fall, from September. That’s based on when rooms started being pulled from booking inventory.

Even if they start with the non DVV rooms I don’t think that will be until late Spring.

Just a guess though.
BW Inn room have started. Half the Inn is closed. This project started at the same time as the Beach Club villas. First set of rooms should be released back into the inventory sometime in February.

Tha Realest

BW Inn room have started. Half the Inn is closed. This project started at the same time as the Beach Club villas. First set of rooms should be released back into the inventory sometime in February.
Pardon my naïveté, but are these the regular cash rooms or the villas? We’re there in early March and always wonder how/if this stuff is going to affect us

Disone

Pardon my naïveté, but are these the regular cash rooms or the villas? We’re there in early March and always wonder how/if this stuff is going to affect us
You're good. Perfectly understandable question.
BW Inn not BW Villas. Having said that BW Villas will start after the Inn is complete.

Indy_UK

Yeah I saw that DVC rooms are blocked out from 10th September so I guess that’s when those are starting.

Was really wanting to stay at BC this august in a refurbed room but no availability at 7 months

nickys

Premium Member
BC's full inventory will be done well before September.
But they can’t easily do the BW villas early since they’ll all be booked. It’s not as easy as doing regular resort rooms where they can simply move people to another resort.

What they could do is start removing available rooms from the inventory as people cancel and suspend the waitlist. But that will only free up a small number.

Disone

But they can’t easily do the BW villas early since they’ll all be booked. It’s not as easy as doing regular resort rooms where they can simply move people to another resort.

What they could do is start removing available rooms from the inventory as people cancel and suspend the waitlist. But that will only free up a small number.
Actually they can. They don't do just the rooms that are not sold. They block out a section of the hotel and that entire section is closed down and done at once. This applys to DVC inventory as well.

In the case of the boardwalk, the DVC rooms refurbishment will take longer then the inn because there are more of them. But they will shut down entire sections of bw villas, get those done, and then move to the next pod of rooms.

For BC, They are doing their villas by floor so right now they are doing the fifth floor.

nickys

Premium Member
Actually they can. They don't do just the rooms that are not sold. They block out a section of the hotel and that entire section is closed down and done at once. This applys to DVC inventory as well.

In the case of the boardwalk, the DVC rooms refurbishment will take longer then the inn because there are more of them. But they will shut down entire sections of bw villas, get those done, and then move to the next pod of rooms.

For BC, They are doing their villas by floor so right now they are doing the fifth floor.
Yes, but the point is the Boardwalk villas are blocked out only from September. That was noticed in October of this year when availability suddenly dropped for the 11 month booking window.

DVC owners notice availability anomalies and that’s how we can often predict when it’s about to start. BRV was a case in point, as was the Poly studios. Admittedly the BCV refurb came out of the blue as no one seemed to notice the change in availability - or at least no one posting on forums.

So closing an entire section of BWV before September will be difficult for them to do. Perhaps they’ll do just a few rooms at a time instead of a larger block.

Disone

Yes, but the point is the Boardwalk villas are blocked out only from September. That was noticed in October of this year when availability suddenly dropped for the 11 month booking window.

DVC owners notice availability anomalies and that’s how we can often predict when it’s about to start. BRV was a case in point, as was the Poly studios. Admittedly the BCV refurb came out of the blue as no one seemed to notice the change in availability - or at least no one posting on forums.

So closing an entire section of BWV before September will be difficult for them to do. Perhaps they’ll do just a few rooms at a time instead of a larger block.
Not really. Villas at BW will start with an entire section closing.

It's really not the case you could see refurbishment dates by looking at member availability as there are many factors as to why that would happen. Refurbishment would not result in a time. Not being available all together. It would only limit availability but not eliminate. So for the dates that the refurbishment begins, they will only sell out the member availability faster. But it wouldn't be the case that there's ever a date and time where there is no member availability to begin with. And for that reason it would be hard to find refurbishment dates by looking for when there is no member availability.

BW Villas could start as early as May when the Inn completes. But they do seem to be running behind on the villas.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom