Boardwalk Question

disneyfromvermo

Given the current state of pleasure island, I was thinking that my wife and I might spend a little time on the boardwalk instead. I do have a few questions.

#1) Where do you park? Are the signs clearly marked from the main loop (where do we get off?)

#2) Assuming we find the location, what is there to do there? I know about the ESPN club but I have heard that there is a lot to do/activity. I'm not as interested in the restaurants but rather other diversions/actitivies. Any ideas?

#3) How much time should I alot in my planning for this venture?

Thanks to any and all who are able to help!

tigsmom

You park at the Boardwalk, there is a lot for visitors since its a dining/recreation area. Just tell them at the gate you are checking it out and they will direct you to the proper parking lot.

There is a lot to do in the evenings more so that the day time as the performers are out then. Shopping, eating, surrey bikes, etc. Check out this link... Click here

as far as how much time, it really depends on just what you feel like doing and how busy it is; I'd plan for at least an hour or two.

Upvote 0

earldw28

I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas last September and did not really find much to do. The entertainers (not so entertaining by the way) are mostly out at night. Besides that nothing much else but shopping which is fairly limited, obviously Downtown Disney would be a better choice. The ESPN Club has good food just make sure there isnt any major sporting event going on, this might seem contrary to the reason for going to the ESPN Club but the Yankees and Red Sox were playing the night I tried to get in and it was about an hour wait. The bikes aren't that fun considering you have to dodge people on the Boardwalk. I enjoyed staying at the Boardwalk Villas just for the location, but there are better places to be.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

It is nice and definitely creates the mood they are looking for...but it is a lot of restaurants and walking. It isn't like Pleasure Island where there are lots of extras to take part in. If you want to dance or anything there is Atlantic Dance and there is also the Piano Bar Jelly Rolls where you can go for a while.

Upvote 0

fizzle75

I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas last September and did not really find much to do. The entertainers (not so entertaining by the way) are mostly out at night. Besides that nothing much else but shopping which is fairly limited, obviously Downtown Disney would be a better choice. The ESPN Club has good food just make sure there isnt any major sporting event going on, this might seem contrary to the reason for going to the ESPN Club but the Yankees and Red Sox were playing the night I tried to get in and it was about an hour wait. The bikes aren't that fun considering you have to dodge people on the Boardwalk. I enjoyed staying at the Boardwalk Villas just for the location, but there are better places to be.

I must strongly disagree! We thoroughly enjoyed the street performers.

We stayed at Boardwalk this past December and we spent an evening there in October...we loved it!

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

We find ourselves talking more and more about Boardwalk, With ALL the problems as of late at DTD and PI, Boardwalk is just more "Couple and Kid friendly". Not trying to Offend anyone but what the heck is going on DTD? Does management have its head in the sand? We love to shop and eat downtown but when it starts getting late we leave and head to Boardwalk.:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom