Boardwalk Inn

Missymoe4

Original Poster
Hello fellow WDW lovers.

I have been to WDW over 25 times and have stayed at either a MK resort or Port Orleans. This trip, due to pricing, we were thinking of staying at the Boardwalk Inn.

I'm afraid to push the button. I'm still wavering between the MK resorts and the Boardwalk Inn. Part of me wants a whole different experience. I guess part of me is a bit afraid of 'change'.

Please tell me how fabulous the Boardwalk is to stay at. Oh, and I'll be taking my mother who has a difficult time walking for long amounts of time. Is the trip around the Boardwalk too cumbersome? What should I expect from staying there? How is the room space (4 adults will be staying in one room).

Thank you in advance for any information you can give.

Crazydisneygirl

We stayed at the Boardwalk for the first time in September. I loved it. I have a bad ankle and cannot move fast or far. I found everything in Boardwalk very close. We had a room close to the elevator (requested it). The room had 4 adults and 1 teenager and I found the room to be a good size. Lots of room for our stuff. The couch folded out for the teenager. We also enjoyed the balcony to watch the fireworks in Epcot almost every night - we are early to bed people. The walk from the main lobby to the buses is only a few min. The walk around the boardwalk to the bakery or resturants is small. I enjoyed the shows around the boardwalk and the atmosphere. The greatest part is the short stroll to Epcot. We went there for most of our dinners. It is a 5 min walk and Hollywood studios is 15-20. I usually took the ferry to Hollywood. I have never stayed near MK so I cannot compare for you. But for the price and location - would go back in a hearbeat. I would be interested in the Beach Resort across the water - we went there for dinner one night. The pool at the Beach Club looks better than Boardwalks. Plus they just reno'ed all the room so they look fresh.

Hockey89

I love Boardwalk-YC-BC area... Way more than MK area.... Can walk to two parks... Monorail for MK if you want...Bus to animal kingdom.... Best central location for all deluxe hotels IMHO

SAV

We did a resort hop last July and went to check out the Boardwalk resorts. Our favorite was Beach Club. It's more our theme and the Pool area was amazing. Boardwalk had the scary clown pool and the theme just wasn't our style. It started storming as we got to Yacht Club, so we just high tailed it back to our car to get out of there.

The location was fabulous for all 3.

patch553

we stayed in feb loved it,we spent a couple nights out in jellyrolls and espn club thoroughly enjoyed them,we took two lovely strolls to epcot and Hollywood.however one afternoon we walked over to beaches and cream and looked around both yacht and beach club and we so impressed we are looking to stay there next feb:)

Missymoe4

Original Poster
We did a resort hop last July and went to check out the Boardwalk resorts. Our favorite was Beach Club. It's more our theme and the Pool area was amazing. Boardwalk had the scary clown pool and the theme just wasn't our style. It started storming as we got to Yacht Club, so we just high tailed it back to our car to get out of there.

The location was fabulous for all 3.

I agree about the pool. The Y & BC are not available for what I'm looking for during the time I'm booking. :(

Missymoe4

Original Poster
We stayed at the Boardwalk for the first time in September. I loved it. I have a bad ankle and cannot move fast or far. I found everything in Boardwalk very close. We had a room close to the elevator (requested it). The room had 4 adults and 1 teenager and I found the room to be a good size. Lots of room for our stuff. The couch folded out for the teenager. We also enjoyed the balcony to watch the fireworks in Epcot almost every night - we are early to bed people. The walk from the main lobby to the buses is only a few min. The walk around the boardwalk to the bakery or resturants is small. I enjoyed the shows around the boardwalk and the atmosphere. The greatest part is the short stroll to Epcot. We went there for most of our dinners. It is a 5 min walk and Hollywood studios is 15-20. I usually took the ferry to Hollywood. I have never stayed near MK so I cannot compare for you. But for the price and location - would go back in a hearbeat. I would be interested in the Beach Resort across the water - we went there for dinner one night. The pool at the Beach Club looks better than Boardwalks. Plus they just reno'ed all the room so they look fresh.

Thank you, kindly, for your review. I feel safe booking at the Boardwalk Inn reading this. Thank you!

Missymoe4

Original Poster
we stayed in feb loved it,we spent a couple nights out in jellyrolls and espn club thoroughly enjoyed them,we took two lovely strolls to epcot and Hollywood.however one afternoon we walked over to beaches and cream and looked around both yacht and beach club and we so impressed we are looking to stay there next feb:)

We, too, love Jellyrolls and ESPN zone. Typically we spend one night on the Boardwalk after a day at Epcot. It would be nice to be there all the time.

Tinkerfan4ever

Make sure you plan a night to spend on the Boardwalk itself. They have "street performer" types that do juggling tricks and what not. They have quite a bit of crowd participation. It is a lot of fun and laughs. And then just sit there and you can see the fireworks from Epcot. We love to stay at the Boardwalk - but we stay on the DVC side, so I can't give any room help. But as others have said the walk or boat ride to both Epcot and the Studios can't be beat.

In Aug. 2014 we did a split stay with AS Sports and BW. My boys were 12 and 9 at the time - and thankfully we did AS first because they were completely spoiled by the BW. We stayed in a DVC room which was right off the lobby, the atmosphere of the whole Boardwalk area is just so fun, especially at night. There is always something going on, we rented a 4 person bike one night and nearly killed a few folks, lol, but it was a great memory. Easy walk to EPCOT and we took the boat to HW, but it's also in walking distance. Someday I will stay at the Beach Club - love the pool area - but we loved BW and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Missymoe4

Original Poster
In Aug. 2014 we did a split stay with AS Sports and BW. My boys were 12 and 9 at the time - and thankfully we did AS first because they were completely spoiled by the BW. We stayed in a DVC room which was right off the lobby, the atmosphere of the whole Boardwalk area is just so fun, especially at night. There is always something going on, we rented a 4 person bike one night and nearly killed a few folks, lol, but it was a great memory. Easy walk to EPCOT and we took the boat to HW, but it's also in walking distance. Someday I will stay at the Beach Club - love the pool area - but we loved BW and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Thank you for your reply! I like the sound of "stay there in a heartbeat" again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom