Boardwalk Inn

GoofyFan1

I just set up my first AP discount reservation at the Boardwalk Inn. This will be our first time staying there. What does everybody think about this resort?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I've not stayed there, but i'd like to. I do hang-out there and use some of the Boardwalk amenties though.

No, i do not pool hop ;)

Rather, I like riding the surrey bikes around the whole area. It's great fun. I also like the pizza place and how it has a window for to-go pizza. I love the sweets shop and the ice cream place.

In general I think it's a really fun resort and would like to stay there sometime when fate allows.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Hey there! :wave:

We stayed there last August and had a fairly good time. The rooms are nicely decorated and spacious and they have a great pool! The only thing we took issue with were the restaurants on the Boardwalk; they just didn't appeal to my family. It was also a little inconvenient to have to go out onto the Boardwalk to refill the mugs. Also, the bus transportation is shared by 5 hotels and they were always crowded and seem to take forever to arrive. I think those issues will keep us from staying there again.

The location though is great! We walked to and from EPCOT and took the boat to MGM. We had a top floor room above the Flying Fish and the views were great and we never heard any noise from the Boardwalk at all.

Upvote 0

dmbouton75

My husband and I stayed in a studio at BWV in April. We really liked the location and the hotel was very nice. We decided we would not like to stay there with our children. The bus to MK took too long and the theming was too adult. Our next trip in October will be at PC with connecting rooms. We would not hesitate to go back if it were just the two of us.

HTH,
Dawn:)

Upvote 0

linkinparknumb0

its a great place. the walk to Epcot and MGM is great and saves alot of time. only downside that we had when we stayed this last March was mainly the bus transportation. it goes to the 5 diferent hotels and takes forever! however what me and my girlfriend found out was on the way back to the hotel on buses, the first stop was the swan or dolphin (cant remember which one) but we would get there and walk around to the boardwalk to our room. now i am 15 turnin on 16 so it was a easy walk for us. however my parents didnt care to much for it lol. but at boardwalk you are the first ones ON the bus, but the last ones off when arriving back. just my little 2 cents of information. hope you enjoy your stay!:wave:

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Were staying there in August, glad to see the only issue is transport, well have the car (not a fan of the buses) so hopefuly well have as good a time.:)

Upvote 0

Nansafan

They appear to have changed the bus service. We stayed at the Yacht Club this past April 2006, and the buses were YC/BC shared bus and Swan/Dolphin/BW shared bus. Still a sharing situation but only 3 resorts instead of 5.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Nansafan said:
They appear to have changed the bus service. We stayed at the Yacht Club this past April 2006, and the buses were YC/BC shared bus and Swan/Dolphin/BW shared bus. Still a sharing situation but only 3 resorts instead of 5.

Thats good to know! It was impossible to get anywhere when we were there. Most of the time the bus was just about full when it got to the BW and people ended up waiting for the next bus, which was very slow to come.

The bus route was YC/BC- BW-Swan/Dolphin

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Nansafan said:

I believe that is only at the MK and only at peak time periods. I love the Epcot area resorts, but the bus situation really should be addressed.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Eeyore said:
I believe that is only at the MK and only at peak time periods. I love the Epcot area resorts, but the bus situation really should be addressed.
especially since you are paying deluxe pricing....I just didn't see the value added when staying at the BW.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Computer Magic said:
especially since you are paying deluxe pricing....I just didn't see the value added when staying at the BW.
The walk up access to Epcot is worth the extra price vs a moderate in my mind. Also there's great number of restaurants that are a short walk from BW or YC/BC or swan&dolphin.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I think the location of the Boardwalk is great (walkable to Epcot and MGM) its just difficult to get to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom by bus (the AK bus also makes a stop at Typhoon Lagoon) and almost impossible to get to DTD (it can take upwards of an hour to an hour and a half to get there, IMO- the bus situation at all the Epcot resorts is not acceptable for deluxe accomodations). Having said all that, the busses don't stop me from staying there, I enjoy all the Epcot resorts. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom