Boardwalk Inn tips/advice?

cmheisel

My DW and I are headed to the world in late April for a week.

This is our first time staying in a deluxe resort and our first time staying at the Boardwalk Inn.

I was wondering if y'all had any advice on good/quiet rooms at the Inn?

I was also wondering about the layout of the Inn, specifically with how it relates to the Boardwalk. Looking at the resort map it seems like if you want to go out onto the Boardwalk (to shop, eat, or walk to DHS or EPCOT) you have to go to the center of the Boardwalk Inn and can then exit to the Boardwalk?

Is that right, or are there exits along the "wings" of the Inn out onto the Boardwalk?

Thanks in advance!

surfsupdon

It's true. For "safety" of BoardWalk Guests, there is only one entrance/exit from the Resort down to the BoardWalk--all traffic must pass down through the lobby area. You can exit on the lobby floor and down the outside staircase, or you can take the 'grand staircase' down to the BoardWalk Level (located at the BelleVue Lounge area).

On the outside of the Resort, facing the quiet pools, rose gardens, and landscaped interior of the Resort, all staircases exit to the outside, but you cannot access the BoardWalk itself from these points. Stroll around the grounds back there, its beautiful.

Did you pay for a BoardWalk View?? If so you will be in the main building which is very convenient. If not and you have a standard view, request a room in the main building (opposite the BoardWalk Views) and you're close to everything again. The wings of the Resort spread out far, and have rooms that overlook parking lots. So if you didn't guarantee yourself a BoardWalk view, request a garden view room in the main building.

When walking to MGM, don't take the BoardWalk....it is MUCH faster to cut through the Resort grounds and pass around the main pool and the Villas area.

We really, really like the BoardWalk. It's like an old grand hotel--lots of nooks, sitting rooms, and places to explore. Lots to look at in the common areas with 20-40s style radio music playing.

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

You can get out near the little lounge they have also. They have stairs and one elevator.

I have also left Boardwalk on the espn side of the resort, so you may also have a way out on the other side.
I am not sure about getting back int hat way, I do not recall a keyed access back into the resort.

Upvote 0

disneylemons

My DH and I stayed at the Boardwalk a couple weeks ago - it was the first time I had ever been on the property. Its gorgeous and our room was huge! We were down a wing a little bit but it was very quiet and not that far to the lobby to get out to the Boardwalk. We ate at the restaurant with the micro-brewery and my husband was impressed. The whole resort was relaxing and beautiful I hope you like it - you should!

Upvote 0

gojoe

So many places and people to see. We love the Belle Vue room. Nice to relax and unwind. Check out all the board games. Also they have bagel, muffins and coffee in the morning. Our favorite thing to so is Jelly Rolls. We are not outgoing or do we drink but we have so much fun. It's the only time we're up past midnight. We love to stroll the Boardwalk, watch the street performers and all the people. Plus there is the Boardwalk bakery, a cup of Joe and a treat is a great way to end the day.
We always try to get a Boardwalk view and have never been disturbed by the sounds from the Boardwalk. Also Flying Fish is one of the best signature restaurants on property. You have an art gallery and an excellent fitness center too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom