Boardwalk Inn or Polynesian?

Misskitten

I stayed at Dixie Landings last time I was at WDW and loved it. Dh has never been to WDW. we'd like to stay at a Deluxe resort.

I went to the luau at the Polynesian and fell in love with the place. but I've heard lots of good things about the Boardwalk. any suggestions?

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I say you stay at the Polynesian because it is a great hotel with easy access to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. The theming is great, the atmosphere is great and is quiet all the time.

Upvote 0

Figaro

I personally love both resorts! It depends on what you like....the Poly is much queiter and relaxing while the Boardwalk has alot of activity going on.
My DH loved the Boardwalk b/c of the ESPN club, he spent almost every night there. We were able to walk to EPCOT and take a nice boat ride to MGM.
The Poly has that real tropical feel to it from the torches at night to the piped in music in the walkways. ( Do they still do that?) Beautiful views of Cinderella's castle and the fireworks too.
Good luck deciding! :)

Upvote 0

prberk

Don't forget the monorail

I still love the monorail, and the Polynesian has it. The Boardwalk does not...

I also suggest the Contemporary. It has most of the amenities that these two have, but it always less expensive. And it is only a monorail ride away from the Polynesian and its own amenities!

Upvote 0

prberk

Garden Wings

And as for the Contemporary, I recommend the Garden Wings, as they are least expensive of all but yet actually nicer than the tower. This is because they are quieter and closer walk to the beach. First floor rooms actually having sliding glass doors that open onto the beach!

Still only a monorail ride away from the much more expensive Polynesian rooms, but just as accessible (by monorail) to the Poly's restaurants.

Upvote 0

Thespis

You may have a problem getting a garden wing room. I believe most of them are tied up with the SOG rehab. I recommend the Boardwalk, but then again, I bought DVC there because I love the area so much so I may be a little biased! :)

Upvote 0

dides

The one thing you can do at the b.w. that you can't do at the pol.is walk to epcot, and the mgm!! no waiting for buses/mono/boats,if you want to go you can walk.and when you enter epcot from the backdoor(in the countries) the big lines are at the other end at the main entrance. You do have the chioce if you would rather take a nice little boat ride to either park!

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

I would say the Poly is the better of the two. I don't know who your going with but if it's a romantic get away the Poly is a great choice. The beach, the view of the Kingdom and the fireworks, the monorail, the romantic scenery between the longhouses, all make this Resort the very best. I'm going on May 12, and got a great rate of $155. Can't wait:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Lance

The Polynesian has the best atmoshphere, best aroma, I could walk around the resort for hours. It really feels like your in another part of the world when you walk around the Poly. I would definately pick the Poly over the Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

sigsegv

Personally, I love the Boardwalk Villas. Even if I wasn't a DVC member with my ownership there, I'd still stay there when I could. It's much more in the middle of things and the 1-bedroom villa is very nice when one person *cough*wife*cough* likes to sleep in. ;) In addition, Deadli and I prefer Epcot and MGM to MK (we still love the MK though! :)) and BW is much closer to bother of these.

That said, a lot of people love the Poly. I've never stayed there and only spent about and hour on the grounds. (I wasn't very impressed and (as I explained in another thread), thought it looked too much like and escapee from the 70s.) It's got a great looking pool and the view of the MK is nice (though I think the GF's is better). Others who have stayed there love it. And some people still like 70s "fashion." ;)

What's most important though is that you know you like the Poly. So if you and your husband are looking for some romantic time, then I'd say, stay at the Poly. "Stay at the Poly." ;) Seriously though, you know yourself and husband better than we do. I hope I at least described BW well enough for you to get a feel for it. You've already been to the Poly. It just depends on what you two are looking for.

If it helps at all, I've got a whole bunch of BW pics at http://www.pbase.com/sigsegv/boardwalk_pics.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

:)

--sig

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom