Boardwalk Entertainment Complex

fanofwdw

Dear Disney-o-philes:

I would like to take my wife out for a night on the town. Boardwalk looks more like our style, especially given the Atlantic Dance Club. We love to swing and cha cha. Does anyone have any experience and opinions about the restaurants and the Club?

Thanks!

Piglet

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
HI,

I would suggest that you eat at either Spoodles (mediterranean) or the Flying Fish(seafood).

I totally agree with Spoodles recommendation (I don't like seafood,so I can't comment on the Flying Fish). We ate at Spoodles twice on our last vacation (1 week ago) and thought the food/service/surroundings were excellent.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree with Piglet....we like Spoodles a lot.
***thread drift***
And hi, Piglet! Good to "see" you! :) (I haven't gotten the photo developed yet. ;))

Sorry!

Upvote 0

fanofwdw

Original Poster
Thank you and more questions...

Thanks for all of the comments so far. Spoodles is probably a better choice for us given my wife doesn't care too much for seafood. What are your recommendations for entrees? What's the theming/atmosphere of the restaurant?

Does anyone have more details about the Atlantic Dance Club? A phone number or website for the club specifically would be great.

Kingdom Konsultant...posted a thread on the Orlando Swing Forum about ADC. In checking out the other threads of people visiting the World from other parts of the country, the locals only mentioned CityJazz at Universal. There was no mention of ADC. Does anyone know why?

Thanks again all...

Upvote 0

ruby

:slurp:

At Spoodles I highly recommend doing the "tapas" thing. You can order a bunch of different appetizer(sp?) size dishes and try them all. We did that when we were there and our server really got into helping us pick and recommending dishes. He even threw in a dish for no charge when he recommended it and we were too wimpy to try it (squid ink rice--suprizingly very good)!!

This is one of our favorite restaurants!

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by ruby
:slurp:

At Spoodles I highly recommend doing the "tapas" thing. You can order a bunch of different appetizer(sp?) size dishes and try them all. We did that when we were there and our server really got into helping us pick and recommending dishes. He even threw in a dish for no charge when he recommended it and we were too wimpy to try it (squid ink rice--suprizingly very good)!!

This is one of our favorite restaurants!

Sorry... my mouth is watering! :slurp: but this is the first time that I hear that a restaurant carries one of our favorite seafood dishes! I´m not sure if that is what you meant, but we love the squids cooked in its ink and served with white rice on the side. Delicious! It´s something my mom and grandma cook and I had only have it at very few restaurants at the beach here. :slurp:

I really liked Spoodles, and for a drink, go to Jellyrolls! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

mousecar

Originally posted by Maria

Sorry... my mouth is watering! :slurp: but this is the first time that I hear that a restaurant carries one of our favorite seafood dishes! I´m not sure if that is what you meant, but we love the squids cooked in its ink and served with white rice on the side. Delicious! It´s something my mom and grandma cook and I had only have it at very few restaurants at the beach here. :slurp:

Sorry for the drift, but what does squid taste like? Is it like fish or lobster?

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
The cheesecake is found at Spoodles.

Thanks! I'll have to check it out!

As for the tapas, I thought I'd heard they didn't do that anymore...hoping I'm wrong on that - sounds yummy! About the squid, I've only had it fried...it's pretty darn tasty! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Jonº0º

dont forget jellyrolls...

If you are into "singalong" music outside the shower stop at Jellyrolls. It is my favorite club in all of Disneyworld. Threre are two dueling pianos with very talented performers. Always a great time.
:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom