Boardwalk bus question

Yaya

Original Poster
I haven't been since 2010 and am wondering if Boardwalk still shares a bus route with Y&BC + Swan and Dolphin?

Epcotfan21

I haven't been since 2010 and am wondering if Boardwalk still shares a bus route with Y&BC + Swan and Dolphin?
There isn't a definitive answer here. You could or could not be sharing a bus. It really just depends on the time of year/crowd levels.

During "slow" season, you'll most certainly share a bus. If you're going during a busy time of year, you'll likely not share a bus with the other Epcot resorts.

My recommendation is to plan as if you'll be sharing routes, but hope that you're not. You'll most likely be able to tell how the rest of the rides will go from your initial bus ride.

Yaya

Original Poster
There isn't a definitive answer here. You could or could not be sharing a bus. It really just depends on the time of year/crowd levels.

During "slow" season, you'll most certainly share a bus. If you're going during a busy time of year, you'll likely not share a bus with the other Epcot resorts.

My recommendation is to plan as if you'll be sharing routes, but hope that you're not. You'll most likely be able to tell how the rest of the rides will go from your initial bus ride.

Thank you! It wouldn't be so bad if it were Y&BC or S&D.. But sharing with both takes a lot of time.
We'll be there Sept 8-14 which is typically 'slow' time but I'm not sure what is happening with SWGE so I guess we'll just wait and see. Our first night is AK and I'm trying to figure out what time to leave to make a 5:20-6:20 Fast pass reservation.

piglet1

Thank you! It wouldn't be so bad if it were Y&BC or S&D.. But sharing with both takes a lot of time.
We'll be there Sept 8-14 which is typically 'slow' time but I'm not sure what is happening with SWGE so I guess we'll just wait and see. Our first night is AK and I'm trying to figure out what time to leave to make a 5:20-6:20 Fast pass reservation.

I understand, it can take a lot of time, and yep, time of year and time of day can affect the number of stops. Also, sometimes the buses to the AK stop at one of the water parks as well at some times of the day or year, so you could hit a double whammy

Yaya

Original Poster
I understand, it can take a lot of time, and yep, time of year and time of day can affect the number of stops. Also, sometimes the buses to the AK stop at one of the water parks as well at some times of the day or year, so you could hit a double whammy

Oh Lord... Please, no.
I've never experienced a water park stop on the way to AK. I hope I can continue to never experience one after this trip . lol.

piglet1

Oh Lord... Please, no.
I've never experienced a water park stop on the way to AK. I hope I can continue to never experience one after this trip . lol.

LOL. Yeah, I know. Then again, we always go way off season so the water parks aren't that busy.

Epcotfan21

I doubt you're sharing with both. We stay at S&D 2-3 times a year and I think there was only one time where we had to share a bus with both Boardwalk and Y&B.

As far as what time you should leave for AK. I'd say 4pm and you should be fine. But Boardwalk does have cast members out front of the hotel and they can probably tell you that day if the bus is sharing any routes with the other Epcot resorts.

I was at Yacht Club earlier this month and the only time we shared with Boardwalk was to Disney Springs. The Disney Springs bus was shared with all 5 Epcot resorts.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom