BLUEPRINT NO MORE

Supreme Leader

What happened over the last 13 months that was previously impossible to imagine?
Must've been the Rights attempted overthrow of our Democracy!
giphy.gif

ToTBellHop

Updated travel policy confirming June 15 reopening for everything but conventions posted to visitcalifornia.com:

Coronavirus: With one of the nation’s highest vaccination rates and lowest case rates, nearly all of California is open to welcome visitors. All restrictions except those for conventions of more than 5,000 attendees are scheduled to lift statewide on June 15. California has issued a travel advisory that recommends caution and suggests self-quarantines for visitors from out of state and Californians returning to the state, but those steps are not mandatory. Public health officials have directed everyone in California to continue to wear face coverings in congested indoor and outdoor situations.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Updated travel policy confirming June 15 reopening for everything but conventions posted to visitcalifornia.com:

Coronavirus: With one of the nation’s highest vaccination rates and lowest case rates, nearly all of California is open to welcome visitors. All restrictions except those for conventions of more than 5,000 attendees are scheduled to lift statewide on June 15. California has issued a travel advisory that recommends caution and suggests self-quarantines for visitors from out of state and Californians returning to the state, but those steps are not mandatory. Public health officials have directed everyone in California to continue to wear face coverings in congested indoor and outdoor situations.
Does this mean it is not mandated in non-congested indoor and outdoor situations?

Serious question as I don't think I've seen it worded quite that way previously?

Example: went to Ikea the other day - as crowded as ever and virtually no one social distancing. If I'd experienced this earlier in the pandemic when a lot less people were vaccinated or had natural antibodies, I might have turned around and left. But as it was just recently, it felt more annoying than anxiety-driving. (I'd define this experience as congested indoors.)

By contrast, I was in an open plan store yesterday that was virtually empty other than my companion, myself and the salesperson. And it just felt lonesome and odd. lol But we all wore our masks of course, though I expect (by age) that the salesperson was likely vaxxed already. (I'd define this experience as non-congested indoors.)

Another example - drove by a park and everyone walking/exercising around the park was maskless. It was outside and looked distanced, safe and normal. A block further away on the sidewalks, everyone had their masks on while walking outside. (I'd define both of these as non-congested outdoors but were treated differently.)

I'm sure Disney will be the LAST to drop mask mandates, but I'm curious to see if any loosening of policy in CA will affect any loosening in the parks - for example, WDW's new allowance of photos without masks. Will DLR get the same allowance soon?

Alternately, I'd consider walking around DCA - especially with capacity limits would feel (to me) non-congested outdoors given the wide walkways. DL in its tighter spots even with capacity limits would by contrast feel congested-outdoors (to me). Again, probably why Disney will likely wait until later rather than sooner to relax much of the mandate.

It's a strange transitional time for CA right now. But hopefully we are going in a good, healthy direction!

ToTBellHop

Does this mean it is not mandated in non-congested indoor and outdoor situations?

Serious question as I don't think I've seen it worded quite that way previously?

Example: went to Ikea the other day - as crowded as ever and virtually no one social distancing. If I'd experienced this earlier in the pandemic when a lot less people were vaccinated or had natural antibodies, I might have turned around and left. But as it was just recently, it felt more annoying than anxiety-driving. (I'd define this experience as congested indoors.)

By contrast, I was in an open plan store yesterday that was virtually empty other than my companion, myself and the salesperson. And it just felt lonesome and odd. lol But we all wore our masks of course, though I expect (by age) that the salesperson was likely vaxxed already. (I'd define this experience as non-congested indoors.)

Another example - drove by a park and everyone walking/exercising around the park was maskless. It was outside and looked distanced, safe and normal. A block further away on the sidewalks, everyone had their masks on while walking outside. (I'd define both of these as non-congested outdoors but were treated differently.)

I'm sure Disney will be the LAST to drop mask mandates, but I'm curious to see if any loosening of policy in CA will affect any loosening in the parks - for example, WDW's new allowance of photos without masks. Will DLR get the same allowance soon?

Alternately, I'd consider walking around DCA - especially with capacity limits would feel (to me) non-congested outdoors given the wide walkways. DL in its tighter spots even with capacity limits would by contrast feel congested-outdoors (to me). Again, probably why Disney will likely wait until later rather than sooner to relax much of the mandate.

It's a strange transitional time for CA right now. But hopefully we are going in a good, healthy direction!
Definitely a strange time everywhere. I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable so I always bring a mask and see how the crowd is. Just played a lovely round of mini golf as a family and we drove in wondering if masks would be required—most in this crowd decided “no” which makes sense since it is easy to distance and no one has ever wanted the next group teeing up before they finish. Meanwhile, at a playground, half of the kids had masks and half didn’t. That made me uncomfortable since young kids, in particular, don’t stay distant (not their fault; the parents should be more respectful).

Our state announced beaches will have no capacity limits this year, but masks must be warn in restrooms (makes sense) and on the beach (what?!) but not trails (huh?). I assume it is because they think people will be very close to other groups in the sand but good luck enforcing it. What are kids who go from building a sand castle to hopping in the ocean supposed to do? No swimming with masks. We will see how it plays out.

Tamandua

Now that the FDA and CDC are trying to halt the J&J vaccine over blood clot concerns, will Newsom renege on this promise?

ToTBellHop

Now that the FDA and CDC are trying to halt the J&J vaccine over blood clot concerns, will Newsom renege on this promise?
The Governor’s office reiterated today that even without JnJ, they are on target for June 15. Usually politicians pick dates far enough out to allow for this. Better to move a date up than back.

TP2000

Let’s let’s go back to talking about the parks! It’s what used to make these boards fun.

I agree. To an extent. :)

Disneyland is still closed. The Anaheim Resort District's business community has been destroyed. The future is uncertain. Political maneuvering in Sacramento is intertwined into all of that.

We still have plenty to discuss on reopening Disneyland and salvaging the Resort District. And there's going to be politics involved there, there's no way around that.

On the bright side, we've got fun new topics to discuss like Haunted Mansion, Marvel Land's opening in a few months, etc.! Things are definitely looking up!

But the seriousness of the current situation caused by politics can not yet be overlooked or ignored. :(

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom