Blueberry slushes phased out

JeffH

Original Poster
I always looked forward to the wonderful Blueberry slushes at MGM and Pop Century. A great flavor that you couldn't get anywhere else. Now WDW has phased out this unique flavor for the horribly common Blue Razeberry. I'm not sure about Pop Century, but the last location in the parks, at MGM, is converted:-(
I can't even duplicate it by buying the soda and freezing it myself:-(

I've always enjoyed 'cola' slushes, but they are so common (outside WDW).
Blueberry, though, was unique, and as far as I was concerned tastier than 'cola'.

SewIn2Disney

I was at pop century in January, and they had cola and blue raspberry. (At least in Jan, the slushies actually worked, rather than in the summer when they are way over-used and never have time to freeze.)

But anyway, I never had a blueberry slushie, sounds good!

TTATraveler

I never had a blueberry slush either and I guess I apparently never will, at least at Disney.

They shoudl introduce different flavors that you don't find everywhere, like pineapple, orange, peach, banana. The standard choices always seem to be cola, blue raspbery, and cherry or strawberry.

NoNoNoNoNo

at pop, why have 2 stations w/the same flavors... get more, cherry or BLUEBERRY ROCKED... or lemonade or something, but 2 stations the same is silly

JeffH

Original Poster
Pop Century slushes.

"I was at pop century in January, and they had cola and blue raspberry"
Are you sure it was blue raspberry (they both look the same)?
We were there 1/13-15, 1/27-29, and 2/10-11 and each time it was my precious Blueberry, prompting me to hang around the food court a lot.
Maybe they switched it back and forth and I just got lucky?

What really got me is when they opened Goofy's candy store in DD, and it featured several slushy flavors...BUT NOT MY PRECIOUS (Blueberry):veryconfu

Normally I'd love a raspberry slush, but the blue raspberry slush is the sickly sweet kind instead of the sweet-tart raspberry I like.

Nemo14

Could it be that they used the same flavoring that Dunkin'Donuts was using for its bluberry coffee? I believe that stopped that because they found out how caustic it was to your intestines. :eek:

but it tasted soooooooo good! :eek:

BeachClubVillas

Nemo14 said:
Could it be that they used the same flavoring that Dunkin'Donuts was using for its bluberry coffee? I believe that stopped that because they found out how caustic it was to your intestines. :eek:

but it tasted soooooooo good! :eek:

Actually, I went to Dunkin this morning, and blueberry coffee is baaack! :sohappy:

Seriously, I never tried blueberry, but I love frozen Coke. We can never find it here. Where else do you guys get it?

shoppingnut

mdisney said:
crispy creme

No way, there donuts are all way to heavy and why do they dip every one of them in an icing coating, even donuts that are not supposed to have them. I much prefer a nice light airy dunkin donut, crispy cremes aren't that good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom