Blue Moon beer Question.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ok,a few weeks ago whilst on vacation at WDW I tried twice the above beer and twice it came with a large slice of orange in it.Is there any logical reason for this,not that I didn't enjoy it,just curious as ever.:)

DisneyDebNJ

Ok,a few weeks ago whilst on vacation at WDW I tried twice the above beer and twice it came with a large slice of orange in it.Is there any logical reason for this,not that I didn't enjoy it,just curious as ever.:)
If I'm not mistaken, orange peel is IN blue moon beer, the orange slice is just to enhance the flavor I guess. They serve Blue Moon like that here in Jersey too. Friend of mine said, to use the orange on the glass, around the rim of the glass.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If I'm not mistaken, orange peel is IN blue moon beer, the orange slice is just to enhance the flavor I guess. They serve Blue Moon like that here in Jersey too. Friend of mine said, to use the orange on the glass, around the rim of the glass.
Correct. Blue Moon is flavored with orange zest and coriander and the juice from an orange enhances that flavor note.

righttrack

As others have stated it's standard to serve with an orange slice, just as Corona is standard to serve with a lime wedge. BTW, I hate both options and always scream, if I order either beer, "please no fruit!" and invariably, it arrives, with fruit, ugh! :eek:

Redsky89

Correct. Blue Moon is flavored with orange zest and coriander and the juice from an orange enhances that flavor note.
What he said. Almost anywhere you get a Blue Moon on draft it comes with the orange slice. It's my number two favorite beer behind Guinness.

Funfy

As others have stated it's standard to serve with an orange slice, just as Corona is standard to serve with a lime wedge. BTW, I hate both options and always scream, if I order either beer, "please no fruit!" and invariably, it arrives, with fruit, ugh! :eek:
LOL. Once we ordered no lemons for our tea. It came with extra lemons and a extra bowl full. Sometimes there is an error tranzaxopotation :) between the diner seat and the server auricle device!

littleroo

I was told that orginally a lemon was served, in Germany, on the side of the rim of a hefeweizen as a sign of wealth. Corona is served with a lime as a way to be able to ward off scurvy. Now Americans have taken fruit in their beer to a whole new level!! It drives me crazy especially bc I am a bartender at a microbrew bar! There is a whole new fruit cult out there and it unfortunatly sells!!

I much prefer poters, stoudts, pale ales and belgian beers!!!

DisneyDebNJ

Blue Moon is gross. That's about all I have to add to this conversation.

Actually, I am a liar, I have more to say.

Fruit in beer is unacceptable.

Blue Moon does make some nice seasonal brews.
I completely agree, I actually asked for *fruitless* beer, I was floored when it came with orange and lemon slices. I looked at the waitress and asked her if I looked like Carmen Miranda! She thought I was serious and replied "Well I dont know who that is, but you do look like Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeannie). I of course, ate the oranges and decided maybe the lemon was a good idea LOL

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I completely agree, I actually asked for *fruitless* beer, I was floored when it came with orange and lemon slices. I looked at the waitress and asked her if I looked like Carmen Miranda! She thought I was serious and replied "Well I dont know who that is, but you do look like Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeannie). I of course, ate the oranges and decided maybe the lemon was a good idea LOL
OMG. She hadn't heard of Carmen Miranda but knew Barbara Eden.No wonder she filled your glass with fruit.:)

worldfanatic

I love Blue Moon. It's like drinking a "dessert" with booze in it.
Some guys get caught up in thinking they're too manly for it or other beers with fruit in it.
Generally, they're the same guys who act like a 12 year old bully after their 3rd beer, before stumbling outside to puke in the alley.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom