Blue Man Group coming to Orlando?

GoofyFreek

Original Poster
I am hearing from some friends of mine in New York that BMG is looking for a new home in Orlando. Wonder if this is something that could be coming to the "ALL NEW" Pleasure Island. No I have no proof or a key source, but this is a rumor board so I was wondering if others had heard of this too.

Epcot82Guy

Interesting. I would personally rather see it go to Boardwalk as a major pull, but a PI theater would be interesting. I actually wouldn't mind seeing it as an anchor. The problem is that you would have to build up because PI simply isn't that large. That means that a theater of any proportion wouldn't fit aside from taking up 2-3 buildings. There also would be a HUGE issue of parking since DTD does not have too much space.

jackfrost

Haha can't help but think about Arrested Development whenever I hear about the Blue Man Group now. It's not a men's self-help group you know, I wonder if they really have understudies. Showtime better pick up AD

GoofyFreek

Original Poster
I was actually reffering BMG to becoming an anchor. And most of BMG theaters are only 500-1700 seats which is about the same capacity as Cirque. I belive they are at 1600. So they could turn the entire Westside into a BIG SHOW area. Heck they already have a parking lot that goes all the way around the lake, now they just need to add an attraction for them to use and fill up.

bhg469

jackfrost said:
Haha can't help but think about Arrested Development whenever I hear about the Blue Man Group now. It's not a men's self-help group you know, I wonder if they really have understudies. Showtime better pick up AD

That was the best show in TV. Shame on the world for not watching it. By the way i would go see BMG@ disney in a heartbeat.

imagineersrock

Hmm... This is an interesting rumor. I could definitely see a permanent BMG show as part of some type of DTD expansion. I have no doubts it would be just as successful as Cirque.

Neat rumor.:)

GoofyFreek

Original Poster
bhg469 said:
That was the best show in TV. Shame on the world for not watching it. By the way i would go see BMG@ disney in a heartbeat.

My problem would be how many times am I going to see it:hammer:

DarkMeasures

Not happening. The next venue to open is London and after that it is Japan.

And with that in mind, they are also planning on a live album.

There was some talk of Disney wanting Blue Man Group to play at Disneyland but that didn't happen due to the fact that it would have been an in park show.

WeLComeHomE OKW

GoofyFreek said:
My problem would be how many times am I going to see it:hammer:

Well, Cirque has been there for a while and is still somewhat succesful. I have seen Blue Man Group in Chicago 3 times and in Las Vegas once. It doesnt really get old. It would be great to see waht would be done with Blue Man Group if they got "disney-fied" hmm...

M:SpilotISTC12

Im part of the blue man group message boards. I can try to ask Chris, Matt and Phil about any rumors. I know that they are temporarily moving to London and then maybe Japan and Amsterdam. They have alot of places in mind internationaly. They just moved in Las Vegas from the Luxor to the Venetian. I can try to ask CMP.

SpectroMan

WeLComeHomE OKW said:
Well, Cirque has been there for a while and is still somewhat succesful.

Still somewhat succesful! There still raking in the money on boatloads.

I think Blue Man Group would be more competition for Cirque than actually an addition. Why compete against yourself?

I think I see a new Cirque show replacing La Nouba before another show coming in. Actually, the new Cirque show has been in discussion for some time now.

bluefaery

Ok ya'll may think I'm crazy but who are the BMG? I've never heard of them. I'm a born and raised country girl so I have no clue to who you are talking about.

They are a band/show in NYC, Vegas ,Chicago, Boston, Berlin,Toronto,for the time being London. They are a silent group that makes music using pvc pipes. They build there own instruments and use guitars and bass etc. Check them out on Blueman.com

jedimaster1227

OMG that would be so awesomly incredible if they came to stay in Orlando. Actually, this rumor makes sense because the Las Vegas show is being replaced in favor of something else. The Orlando show would replace the missing show in Las Vegas! That would be pretty awesome. My first time seeing the show was in New York at the Astor Plaza. That show got me interested in the group. Search online and you will see some pretty amazing videos of fans doing their skits and actually building their instruments from scratch. Oh, and a side note, their concert tour video is cool too!

I hope they go on tour again. There were in Orlando once at the Hard Rock Hotel for one show. I believe it was sold out! Usually they sell out almost ever single night.

Tigger friend

If the rumor were true it would be a great addition! I just saw them in Toronto over the holidays and had a fantastic time! They're really entertaining! The pipes were definitely the best part. They played the Hockey Night in Canada theme song...so great. Yes...typical Canadian....but still awesome :)

Rotel1026

SpectroMan said:
Still somewhat succesful! There still raking in the money on boatloads.

I think Blue Man Group would be more competition for Cirque than actually an addition. Why compete against yourself?

I think I see a new Cirque show replacing La Nouba before another show coming in. Actually, the new Cirque show has been in discussion for some time now.

I could definitely see a whole new Cirque show replacing La Nouba before a BMG or any other show would come in. I'd imagine Cirque probably has some sort of clause in their contract about no other shows at Disney, no? As far as talks of the replacement, wasn't that when the thinking was that La Nouba would go to Japan and a whole new show would replace it in Orlando? But Oriental wanted a whole new show for themselves so I doubt a new Cirque show is coming anytime soon.

On the schedule for Cirque is the new Beatles themed show at the Mirage in Vegas for 2006, a new touring show for 2007 and the Tokyo Disney show for 2008.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom