BLT Random Thoughts

Pluto_is_my_fav

Original Poster
We just got back from our first time at BLT. Few random thoughts:

1) OVERALL, THIS PLACE IS GREAT! Man, are we glad we bought into DVC, and at BLT. What a great experience and can't wait to get back.

2) WEARING QUICKLY. That said, we were a bit surprised at how quickly the resort is showing wear. There was a crack in the backsplash in the kitchen, and when we let maintenance know, they said that it is occurring in many of the units. Also, bathroom was a bit dirty, and a drawer handle had fallen off.

3) BLU-RAY. We stayed in a 1-bedroom, but the only DVD/Blu-Ray player was in the main room. Frustrating if you want to watch movies as you fall asleep.

4) TOP OF THE TOWER. We thought this place was great! That said, it was almost always empty. According to cast members we spoke with, it has only hit capacity once or twice. Look for a change in the policy on access soon. Also, it would be cool if they expanded the available bar food a bit.

5) BARBEQUE: Has anyone used the bbq's by the pool? how does one go about reserving them?

dizzney

All of the DVC resorts unfortunately do show wear, some more than others,

We loved BLT when we were there early January,

Its a great addtiion to the DVC family.

But a point none of the one bedrooms have a DVD player in the bedroom, they only put them in the living room.

dizzney

And they do keep up, but sometimes I think people are careless, why is there broken granite?

My only complaint when we were at BLT in early January was that I didnt think mousekeeping was as good there as it was at BWV where we had just come from. I loved the resort but the room had a few cleaning issues. We didnt see anything broken though.

BWV last year was showing its age and then they renovated and the new rooms are just great. DVC does renovate and does replace/fix when necessary. But the older resorts will show age, BLT shouldnt its new

Disneyfan1981

I bought at the BLT simply for the closeness to MK, especially with a new son thinking about accessibility BUT its a little troubling hearing all of these various reviews, some good, some bad. Makes me a little nervous when we actually book a trip...

dizzney

I bought at the BLT simply for the closeness to MK, especially with a new son thinking about accessibility BUT its a little troubling hearing all of these various reviews, some good, some bad. Makes me a little nervous when we actually book a trip...

Relax, I am sure they are working out the kinks and it will all be fine, I'm not concerned and we've been DVC members for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom