BLT - How long does a full refurb usually take?

TQQQ

Original Poster
We are planning a Nov 2024 trip to Bay Lake Tower with a large group and are concerned that BLT might still be under construction. BLT is scheduled to undergo it's first full rehab in 2024 but there are few if any details released. What are the chances that the hotel will still be under major construction in Nov 2024? How long have previous hotels full renovations taken?

Thanks

ABQ

Boulder Ridge, the original DVC building at Wilderness Lodge has been under refurb for more than a year. Anecdotal data, but just throwing it out there.

nickys

Premium Member
Boulder Ridge, the original DVC building at Wilderness Lodge has been under refurb for more than a year. Anecdotal data, but just throwing it out there.
That one is complete, and has been for a while now.

BCV was paused after around 3 months and has now restarted. The pause was likely, but not confirmed, to be due to a supply issue with the Queen Murphy beds.

As for BLT though, that one is a full refurb. If it begins in April and runs continually with no unscheduled pauses then maybe it could be finished by the end of the year but I wouldn’t put money on it. Personally I think it will be early 2025 before it’s finished.

nickys

Premium Member
We have a 7 night Stay at BLT 2 Bedroom TPV starting 5/12 hope it doesn't affect us
It depends on what you mean by “affecting you”. If they start when it’s expected to there will be work going on whilst you’re there. But I assume they’ll go floor by floor and probably one wing at a time. You won’t be in a room next door to where they are ripping out units and moving out furniture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom