Blizzard Beach vs. Typhoon Lagoon?

docandsix

Can anyone make a recommendation regarding which of the Disney water parks my wife and I should visit with our five children, ages 2 to 12? I get the sense that Blizzard Beach is more slide and thrill oriented and am left with the impression that we should therefore choose Typhoon Lagoon. Any thoughts?

Mr.EPCOT

I would recommend Typhoon Lagoon over Blizzard Beach. It has better themeing and a more relaxing atmosphere. It's also much better if you like to swim a lot as opposed to just riding slides.

Upvote 0

lwalker8

I also like Typhoon Lagoon better. The wave pool is awesome, and the addition of the new slide Crush n' Gusher, definitely makes it the better in my book. Go to Blizzard Beach if you want to go down some huge slides though. As a side note, get there EARLY!!!

Upvote 0

MHSJAX

I will suggest Blizzard. We have three small ones 9,7,5. And I will offer this advise, family raft ride at BB is MUCH better and you don't have to carry the raft uphill. The bobbing wave pool at BB is more kid friendly than the large waves at Typhoon. We have enjoyed both parks, Crushin Gusher is so cool but with young kids I still prefer Blizzard Beach. I almost forgot the training area at BB offers alot of big kid fun (walking across icebergs). You'll have alot of fun no matter which one you choose!

Upvote 0

kachow

My guess is kids probably prefer BB, for it's "thrill" slides, while adults would prefer TL, for it's more natural, tropical setting. TL does have a couple thrill slides, though, so unless I was getting major feedback from my kids toward BB, I would pick TL.

Upvote 0

darthjohnny

Both parks have a fun little kids area and tiny slides. If your kids are not strong swimmers, I strongly suggest not taking them in too deep in the Typhoon Lagoon Wave Pool.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Typhoon Lagoon gets my vote just because I like it better, the wave pool is outstanding and the lazy river is nice - but I will second what someone else said about Blizzard Beach's family raft ride - that one is great! :)

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I loved the wave pool at TL and since you have a wide age range, I'd think that TL would be great since the wave pool is like a beach and has little kid things to do in front of it and off to one side and this way the older ones could do the more big kid things while doing the little kid things at the same time and still be within eye shot.

Upvote 0

metscool

Both are good places and they have things that the other doesn't have. Like Typhoon Lagoon has shark thing and Blizzard Beach has Summit Plummit. So things are up in the air on things that you like.

Upvote 0

justducky78

My vote is for Typhoon Lagoon. Although BB used to be my favorite, on our most recent trip, I changed my mind. I had some minor health issue the last year and TL was just a lot easier to get around. TL is more shaded and not as many stairs. BB has TONS of stairs that go straight up and if you are a little one or (like me this past year) have a health issue, it's a lot easier on you! I liked the theming better now, too.

I do like the wave pool better at BB (smaller and inner tubes allowed) and there are definitely more slides, but for your families age-ranges, I say go for Typhoon Lagoon. Your 12-yr old will LOVE crush-n-gusher. You (or your wife) and the 2-yr old can enjoy the lazy river or there is a beach near the slides where the baby can play while the older kids go on the slides with one of you.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Lucretia

I have only been to Typhoon Lagoon, but I really enjoyed it. At the time, my daughter was 9, and she loved it. BUT- that wave pool is kind of evil!:fork: It knocked me over big time & ripped off my hat. Those waves don't play around! Of course, this made the place all the more cool to my family, as they had something to mock me for the duration of the trip!:lol:

Upvote 0
Blizzard Beach is a really cool water park, but it might not be the best place to have five kids running around. You aren't in the water very much since you have to walk ALL THE WAY back up the mountain to do another attraction. Whichever park you choose GET THERE EARLY!!!

"We're not on vacation anymore, we're on a quest for fun!!!"

Upvote 0

MagicPorcupine

I don't think you can go wrong with either park - they're both fabulous! But...if you're feeling lazy, Blizzard Beach has the chairlift so you don't have to climb up all those stairs.:)

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I have only been to Typhoon Lagoon, but I really enjoyed it. At the time, my daughter was 9, and she loved it. BUT- that wave pool is kind of evil!:fork: It knocked me over big time & ripped off my hat. Those waves don't play around! Of course, this made the place all the more cool to my family, as they had something to mock me for the duration of the trip!:lol:

What's a family trip without having someone to mock and it's something everyone will remember FOREVER. Lucky you. :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom