Blizzard Beach technical issues (March 2016)

Just want it to be fixed by mid-may when I'll be there ... I see summit plummet as the only real scary ride on property and don't want to miss it ! Did it last trip ... 15 years ago ... And definitely don't want to miss it in may

Last edited:

surfsupdon

Original Poster
Thanks for the updates. Like I said, we are currently here with a group of 152 and Magic has more up-to-date and accurate info than the general info you get here :)

Also more Typhoon news...the Cast got awesome new uniforms. They are a cool blue with wind blown palm trees. Many Cast are still wearing their Blizzard clothes to work at Typhoon, however. And Shark Reef will not open till Sunday bc the new baby sharks will get anxiety with Guests in the tank now.

njm

Does anyone know if they intended to fix the two attractions soon, or are they going to leave them closed for an extended period?

Thanks

case88

Both Summit Plummit and Slush Gusher were closed when we were there June 2015. We rope dropped the park so we could be one of the first on Summit Plummit, but no luck.

surfsupdon

Original Poster
As of yesterday Typhoon was operating without cup lids, straws, French fries, and chicken nuggets. They said they should be in stock today.

The more you know. Ha

COProgressFan

Thanks for the updates. Like I said, we are currently here with a group of 152 and Magic has more up-to-date and accurate info than the general info you get here :)

Also more Typhoon news...the Cast got awesome new uniforms. They are a cool blue with wind blown palm trees. Many Cast are still wearing their Blizzard clothes to work at Typhoon, however. And Shark Reef will not open till Sunday bc the new baby sharks will get anxiety with Guests in the tank now.

Glad to hear the shark snorkeling is back again. There were some strong rumors a year or two ago that this was going to be closed.

sourgummi

We were there in late March when both slides at the summit were broken. It caused massive lines at all the other slides. We got in line for double dipper and the sign said 15 minute wait and we waited at least 50 minutes. The family tube slide is still open, just not summit plummet and the other one are closed. It is amazing to me that this problem has existed for almost 6 months now (prior to winter refurb) and still not resolved.

Incomudro

Be there in a month.
Really hoping they get this fixed.
I don't care if they get someone up there with a garden hose...
My family and I have made a tradition of getting to Blizzard Beach for rope drop, watching the opening first plunge, riding the chair lift, and going down Summit Plummet.
(My wife has never done it though.)
It's not my favorite slide there, or even the kids - but it's a must do.

surfsupdon

Original Poster
Get the issue fixed soon Disney, hopefully.

When Blizzard is closed, Typhoon is more crowded, and they severly limit my bodysurfing in the wave pool. And I hate that haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom