Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?

lpet11984

Simple and basic...I've never been to any water parks before, let alone a Disney style one...I've read great things about both, but I am interested in everyone's in-put on these boards.

Sooo....Which one do you prefer and why?

justducky78

They're both good waterparks. TL has a much better wave pool but seems more 'shaded' with all the trees and foliage.

I personally prefer BB because IMO the slides are better and I love the lazy river.

We'll be visiting both on this upcoming trip, though, so if you can I would try to hit both.

Upvote 0

gemini

I'd love to try both, but won't have the time. Sounds like TL might be better, but can someone give me a perspective on the toddler crowd? If we go, it would be almost entirely for the 3 year old.

Upvote 0

Grim Grinner

Forget those two waterparks...

You can sneak into the remnants of River Country and get yourself a swimsuit full of dangling snakes!

Just don't let the security guards or alligators see you...

Upvote 0

gingerbuzz

As a thrill seeker I assumed I would prefer BB but I found wait times were excessive.

Typhoon Lagoon is my favourite place in the whole of disney world.
And its probably much easier to cover in 1/2 day.

go to typhoon lagoon.

Upvote 0

shmmrname

I prefer TL because of its themeing. Both parks pull off the desired looks, but TL's is just much more fitting for a waterpark. The sand and palm trees offer a nice touch; whereas painted concrete can sometimes become tedious.
Either way, you can't go wrong, as both have great pools/slides.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

With the group of 4 that you mention I would go to TL. Crush & Gusher is great and there are enough thrills to satisfy you but still layed back enough for your older guest and beautiful. It does get crowded around the main wave pool, so go early to get chairs. If you need to get out of the sun find one of the spots with trees near the pool. I have also found that when every chair is filled around the wave pool that there seems to be more spots open on the beach near Crush & Gusher.

And whats more relaxing than a small sand chair pulled up close to the wave pool and letting the waves wash up over your legs!

When you have the chance to go again (Just the 2 of you) and you want one of Disneys biggest thrills you have to do Summit Plummit at BB. When you get to the top and realize how high and fast you are going to go down that slide, with no harnesses or seatbelts etc, like a coaster. Its awesome.

And better than a coaster, if it scares you so much you wet your pants no one knows when you get off!:lol: Ok admit it. Its happened to some of you.!

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

Teenchy said:
And better than a coaster, if it scares you so much you wet your pants no one knows when you get off!:lol: Ok admit it. Its happened to some of you.!

Well, that settles it. If the water tends to be more yellow at BB, I'm heading for TL! :lol:

Upvote 0

abe_bb

Eh, who needs waterparks? If I go to disney, I don't want to waste time at waterparks.

(I say this because we live about an hour a way from Wisconsin Dells - if you haven't heard about it, let's just say that there are dozens of waterparks (most of them enclosed, so they are open year round), most attached to hotels, not to mention all the attractions that are open year round. )

Upvote 0
I would strongly recommend Blizzard Beach; it has a nice setting and wonderful attractions. If you do decide to go, I would arrive right at the park opening for two reasons: the park reaches capacity at early times and severe weather shuts down the rides, so I would arrive early and ride the main attractions first.

"For your safety on Downhill Double Dipper........."

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Clark Griswold said:
I would strongly recommend Blizzard Beach; it has a nice setting and wonderful attractions. If you do decide to go, I would arrive right at the park opening for two reasons: the park reaches capacity at early times and severe weather shuts down the rides, so I would arrive early and ride the main attractions first.

"For your safety on Downhill Double Dipper........."

You think we're going to listen to Clark Griswold on Theme Park advice! :lol:

Upvote 0

jdvm

We love them both but prefer Typhoon Lagoon because it's prettier. I think it was built before Disney started pinching pennies on themeing. Whichever you choose, either be there when it opens or go after a particularly violent thunderstorm.

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

Typhoon Lagoon, especially if you only have half a day. I like it better anyway, but it would be easier to cover everything in half a day there.

Like so many others before me have said--I think the theming is better, the wave pool rocks, and you can swim with sharks!!!

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

I prefer TL for all of the reasons listed in this thread (shark reef, lazy river), plus the Crush 'n Gusher is simply amazing and not to be missed!!

But another thing that I didn't like about BB at all - all of the white "snow" seemed to reflect the sunshine. Wicked sunburns to everyone in the party and I was compulsive about the sunscreen. OUCH! :lol:

Upvote 0

pat_naughty05

I've been to Blizzard Beach a few times and I had my first Typhoon Lagoon experience last summer. They're both amazing for what they have, and certainly unique in their own ways. It's hard for me to choose... the theming is great, the rides are great, but if I had to choose, I'd have to say Blizzard Beach. The concept is so very original, not to mention the crazy-awesome thrill of jumping the third hill of the Slush Gusher, or flying down Summit Plummet.

Upvote 0

Shanandty

TYphoon Lagoon- who wants to be in snow when you're on Vacation!!
( especially when you're trying to get away from the snow!!)

seriously- love the wave pool and the lazy river for non "riders"- there's also more shade at TL

Upvote 0

ryguy

It sounds like a split decision between the two water parks, I bet your more confused now than before. (Ha) Since you have older children BB is the sure bet, just because the attractions are a bit more intense. Either way you can't go wrong. As for the person with a 3 year old I would say TL is the sure bet for you. Hope that helps and fun!!

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

I would say you have to try both. Very different experiences at each.

My favorite would be Typhoon Lagoon, I love the tropical feel, and I prefer the shade. Please come back her and post what you decided to do, and what you thought after your trip. You'll have fun at both!!!!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom