Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon

Siege898

im looking at going to a water park one day next sunday, after typhoon lagoon has reopened, i have never been to either so in your opinion which one is better? i like to do a lot of slides but ive also heard the wave pool at TL is pretty cool.

egionet

I like both, but enjoy TL more. It's more relaxing. It doesn't seem as much of a rush to try to ride all the slides. Just more of a take it slow and enjoy the water and sun as much as possible.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

In the past I have preferred Blizzard Beach, because there seems to be more to do and the rides are a bit more thrilling. I think that it depends a lot on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a more laid back place and are a fan of a wave pool then I would check out Typhoon Lagoon. If you are more in to big thrilling slides then head over to Blizzard Beach. I think I will be checking out Typhoon Lagoon again this year however to try out Crush 'n' Gusher.

Upvote 0

OrlandoGuy

I would pick TL. It feels like a day at the beach in the middle of WDW with the option to hit some pretty good slides if you get to relaxed. I do agree that BB has better slides but the ski lodge theme just does'nt work for me after the slides are done.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I would have said Blizzard Beach, but with Crush and Gusher, my vote goes to TL. There is a lot more shade, wave pool and reef experience.

BB of course has Summit Plummet and the other slides are fun, but with all the white, on a sunny day, you can go blind.. :cool:

Upvote 0

POOHKILLEDTOAD

Never been to blizzard beach but i sure like typhoon lagoon...great atmosphere.( i think a tropical theme fits better for a water park than a winter theme but thats just my opinion.)

Upvote 0

wdwdave09

TL for us!

On our last visit, my family visited both BB and TL. We enjoyed both but really favored TL. BB has no trees. TL has ample trees. When you're standing in line in the hot sun, the shade at TL is definitely much easier to handle. Summit Plummet is definitely a thrill, but TL has lots of fun water rides for all ages. My then 9 yr old and 6 year old preferred the rides at TL, even though my 9 yr old is an avid coaster fan. In fact, my coaster kid liked Shark Reef at TL better than any of the rides! We spent at least 1/2 hour just going back to Shark Reef. The wave pool is a real treat and the kids just loved the large beach like pool at TL.

Upvote 0

scorp111

Did BB last year and loved it!

We plan on trying TL this year for the wave pool and Crush N Gusher.....

So another words I am not much help!

Upvote 0

Splashman

Without a doubt Blizzard Beach is better. Its bigger and there is so much more to do, including the tallest body slide in the country and maybe even the world, Summet Plummet. Summet Plummet is almost 180 degrees downward at speeds of 65 mph. Also, other grade slides are the family raft Teamboat Springs, two mat slides, and a variety of other tube slides, plus a lazy river and a wave pool.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

We do both every summer trip to WDW and our group is split between the slide people (me) and the wave pool people. Although there are more trees for shade at TL, the dark pavement on the walkways really burns your feet. I feel there is more to do a BB but you can't beat the wave pool at TL. What I'm saying I guess is now that you've heard many opinions on both parks, you have to look at your and your group's preferences and then make a decision.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom