Blizzard Beach Construction

J4546

fingers crossed disney is building a massive ice covered mountain and creating a "volcano bay" like experience with 15 or so new slides coming out of it

esskay

fingers crossed disney is building a massive ice covered mountain and creating a "volcano bay" like experience with 15 or so new slides coming out of it
If only! Sadly I think we're stuck with two extremely dated and tired water parks for a while.

Ideally they'd flatter one of them and rebuild from scratch. They're both well past it.

Goofyernmost

If only! Sadly I think we're stuck with two extremely dated and tired water parks for a while.

Ideally they'd flatter one of them and rebuild from scratch. They're both well past it.
Only to people that have been before. For new guest it is brand new. Plus it is water. Water is wet, what else is needed. A wave machine is still fun, a drop down a steep slide is exciting. How do you suggest that they make it better than that?

DisneyDen

I like the snow cap mountain top idea. You can feature 2-3 drop slides off of it similar to Volcano Bay. Also Crush N Gusher is so damn popular at Typhoon Lagoon, that would be an easy win to copy and paste at Blizzard Beach while just retheming it.

esskay

Only to people that have been before. For new guest it is brand new. Plus it is water. Water is wet, what else is needed. A wave machine is still fun, a drop down a steep slide is exciting. How do you suggest that they make it better than that?
If someone goes to Volcano Bay or Aquatica, then goes to BB/TL they'll seem awful in comparison.

At minimum they need:

• High speed 'lazy' river
  • Water coaster (e.g Krakatua)
  • Enclosed plunge slide
  • Tube bowl ride
  • Major overhaul of the theming (even after re-opening after a refurb we still see paint chipped off, faided signage, etc
  • Far less climbing up mountains to get to rides

Goofyernmost

If someone goes to Volcano Bay or Aquatica, then goes to BB/TL they'll seem awful in comparison.

At minimum they need:

• High speed 'lazy' river
  • Water coaster (e.g Krakatua)
  • Enclosed plunge slide
  • Tube bowl ride
  • Major overhaul of the theming (even after re-opening after a refurb we still see paint chipped off, faided signage, etc
  • Far less climbing up mountains to get to rides
Ok, I can see you are a water park enthusiast whereas I am not, so I will yield to your thoughts. They all sound good.

Touchdown

All the FL water parks aren’t near the best in the country, they are all far too small. Schlitterbahn in New Brunfels TX is my favorite by far, but Noah’s Ark in the WI Dells, Water Country USA in Williamsburg VA, Water World in Denver, CO and Splashin Safari in Santa Claus, IN are all solidly in the next tier and better then Aquatica, VB, TL and BB which I would probably all lump into the next tier of being really good but too small and only a 1/2 day park.

DisneyDen

Honestly don’t believe either Disney water park needs to be demolished or completely revamped. Like most things Disney theme park related, they just need some love aka $$$ reinvested into them. Happy to see any improvements no matter how big or small

Tjaden

All the FL water parks aren’t near the best in the country, they are all far too small. Schlitterbahn in New Brunfels TX is my favorite by far
It depends on what you like. I've been to Schlitterbahn more times than I can count, but the theming is really all over the place (if it exists at all) especially in the new park. The old park is my favorite as it does have a general German theme going on, but it pales compared to the overall setting of BB and TL.

I must admit that Disney waterparks doesn't have anything as fun as a 30 minute ride on Raging River with its dozens of drops.

erasure fan1

Honestly don’t believe either Disney water park needs to be demolished or completely revamped. Like most things Disney theme park related, they just need some love aka $$$ reinvested into them. Happy to see any improvements no matter how big or small
That about sums up Disney for sure. Both Disney water parks could be so much better. they're fantastic from a theming standpoint, especially typhoon lagoon. But both need some major attention from an attraction standpoint.

Touchdown

It depends on what you like. I've been to Schlitterbahn more times than I can count, but the theming is really all over the place (if it exists at all) especially in the new park. The old park is my favorite as it does have a general German theme going on, but it pales compared to the overall setting of BB and TL.

I must admit that Disney waterparks doesn't have anything as fun as a 30 minute ride on Raging River with its dozens of drops.
Theming at water parks is secondary to the rides and my favorite ride at most parks is a lazy River.

Next Big Thing

Disney owns a tower crane? Why on earth would they? Much cheaper to rent one when needed. Actually its done by the general contractor, not the project owner. Also, they take specialized skill to setup and tear down. You have to be an expert in that type of work. What would those employees do when they weren't setting it up or taking it down? I sure wouldn't want one put up or taken down by someone who only does it once in a great while. That would be a Disney lawyer's nightmare.
They bought one during the TSL/SWGE construction as there was a tower crane shortage in Orlando at the time. At least that was the word on here at the time.

esskay

FWIW it's not unheard of for companies planning lots of construction to invest in their own cranes. SpaceX for example bought a massive LR11000 after they struggled to get enough sections for a rental one. They were previously resorting to using parts strapped together from multiple rental providers, giving a nice multicolour vibe:

E5O1eRwWYAgpMcR.jpeg

It obviously only makes sense if you need it for a fair bit of time, or if theres a major shortage in rentals. Once you're done with it you can sell it on.

cheezbat

All the FL water parks aren’t near the best in the country, they are all far too small. Schlitterbahn in New Brunfels TX is my favorite by far, but Noah’s Ark in the WI Dells, Water Country USA in Williamsburg VA, Water World in Denver, CO and Splashin Safari in Santa Claus, IN are all solidly in the next tier and better then Aquatica, VB, TL and BB which I would probably all lump into the next tier of being really good but too small and only a 1/2 day park.
Have to agree. While the theming is fantastic at the parks down here, they can’t compare to Noah’s Ark, Splashin’ Safari, Schlitterbahn, or Water World…which I consider the big dogs when it comes to water parks.

The Disney parks need more variety in their slides….bowl slides, funnel slides, water coasters, half pipes, etc…so many things they could do to add to their parks and the story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom