Blisters

Mad Stitch

I went to Vegas in the fall to run the half marathon. After hoofing it up and down the strip all weekend I developed blisters before the race. I placed some 3M NexCare bandages over the blisters and had no problems with them.

Last edited:

Texas84

I'm assuming you mean blisters on your feet. Have you been to your local running store for a proper fitting? And some good running socks?

ForeverAnna

Original Poster
I went to Vegas in the fall to run the half marathon. After hoofing it up and down the strip all weekend I developed blisters before the race. I placed some 3M NexCare bandages over the blisters and had no problems with them.

Thanks. The Nexcare worked wonders.

lukacseven

Very true, not enough credit is given to the proper pair of socks!!
Agreed. Proper shoe fit and appropriate socks. It's been years since I've had any blisters related to running. You may have to try some different things out before you find what works best - not the same for everyone.

dreamfinder

Blisters? I suck it up and let em be. Not trying to be macho about it, but after a few weeks of getting new blisters in the same spots you get a nice set of calluses. Which then renders new blisters moot. But as PP's said, make sure you shoes are properly fitted and you have good socks. Those only work so far though, after a long TM run I can wring out my shoes, so pretty much any remedy will be useless at that point.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I understand Blister Block by Bandaid is also good in preventing blisters. Along with moleskin, which you can find in any resort gift shop where the toiletries and such are. However, I've found the best thing to prevent blisters is a good pair of socks like Balega or my favorite, Feetures. You can purchase both on Amazon. And Feetures was at the runDisney expo during the Princess half weekend.

The best way to prevent blisters are good quality running socks that fit and properly fitted shoes (size, width and pronation). If there is a running store (not a sports store like Dick's) that can video you running, I would go there. Staff will be runners who can advise on shoes (and fit you properly) and socks. Plus, they will let you test drive the shoes. I'm sure shoppers at the Whole Foods next door have gotten used to seeing people running up and down the sidewalk.

I used to get blisters just walking around WDW. I thought it was my shoes. Now I know it was the socks I was wearing - I now wear my non-blister running socks with my walking shoes when visiting the parks. And no more blisters!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom