Blackout wall coming on EE?

teebin

Original Poster
Something I noticed for the first time today and I hope you all hop on this discussion as I have not seen it mentioned here before. After the yeti projection and in the location of the steam before the drop.... look up at the ceiling... there is some kind of thin metal edge sunken into the ceiling above the tracks crossing left to right across the tracks, as if it were planned to have a black wall that would come down to conceal the daylight and raise just before you move forward into the fog and plunge down outside. I had been thinking this would have been a cool suprise effect. Take a look, I bet it might have been or still is in the plans which would make the ride that much more dramatic. There is no other reason for it to be there that I can imagine.

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
teebin said:
Something I noticed for the first time today and I hope you all hop on this discussion as I have not seen it mentioned here before. After the yeti projection and in the location of the steam before the drop.... look up at the ceiling... there is some kind of thin metal edge sunken into the ceiling above the tracks crossing left to right across the tracks, as if it were planned to have a black wall that would come down to conceal the daylight and raise just before you move forward into the fog and plunge down outside. I had been thinking this would have been a cool suprise effect. Take a look, I bet it might have been or still is in the plans which would make the ride that much more dramatic. There is no other reason for it to be there that I can imagine.
I got to say, that would be an awesome effect !! ( like TT)

Rob562

teebin said:

Actually, I would imagine that they'd want to have some sort of roll-down door to seal the mountain up in severe weather, such as a hurricane. That opening and the one re-entering the mountain after the drop are quite high up the mountain and would be exposed to potentially very high winds with driving rain coming across the water unimpeded by trees.

I don't know if other indoor/outdoor attractions such as Splash and Big Thunder have doors like these, but then again their technology near the openings is much less that the Yeti. (I wouldn't want any weather getting anywhere near the Yeti AA if I'd shelled out the money for it...)

-Rob

VacationMan

teebin said:

Wow... I'd hate to be on EE if there was a timing failure.... Splat. I can't imagine them having such an affect. Staging roller coaster trains mean hold points, and a lot of trouble. Most likely the "hurricane doors".

PhilharMagician

VacationMan said:
Wow... I'd hate to be on EE if there was a timing failure.... Splat. I can't imagine them having such an affect. Staging roller coaster trains mean hold points, and a lot of trouble. Most likely the "hurricane doors".

remember TT has doors that do this just as you exit to the high speed test, so it could be done. I would agree however that they probably are hurricane doors.

ToTBellHop

PhilharMagician said:
remember TT has doors that do this just as you exit to the high speed test, so it could be done. I would agree however that they probably are hurricane doors.
Yes, but Test Track also has the insane safety measures that make it shut down so frequently. I'd rather deal with a little light and not have Everest closed 9 times a day. With Disney's recent roller coaster track record, why invite another crash? And such a crash would be particularly messy, since the first thing to hit the part of such a door at eye level would be the heads of those guests in the front row...I'm gonna go with hurricane doors, as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom