Blackout Dates?

JustInTime

Hello, all! We are planning yet another Disney trip but I am a bit concerned about blackout dates. We really want to take advantage on some sort of discount that we know will be going on, but looks like the dates we have selected are pretty much guaranteed to be blacked out! I didn't realize how much of october they crossed off the discount list. We are looking at going october 10th -15th. Can anybody shed some light on this at all? if not free dinning then at least some sort of room discount? Thanks for any and all help as always. :)

DisneyDebNJ

Hello, all! We are planning yet another Disney trip but I am a bit concerned about blackout dates. We really want to take advantage on some sort of discount that we know will be going on, but looks like the dates we have selected are pretty much guaranteed to be blacked out! I didn't realize how much of october they crossed off the discount list. We are looking at going october 10th -15th. Can anybody shed some light on this at all? if not free dinning then at least some sort of room discount? Thanks for any and all help as always. :)
I wish I had an easy answer for you, however, your dates encompass Columbus Day. Historically, free dining and/or room discounts were offered, in and around those dates, but that can change by a few days each year. The obvious suggestion would be to change your dates, however, I realize that may be impossible. Wishing you good luck on discounts!

Upvote 0

luv

I'm not sure what the question is, lol.

Personally, I take blackout dates as a heads up. I have a no-blackouts pass, but I avoid blackout dates whenever I can. I don't want to be there then. :)

Upvote 0

HamFam

I'm sure someone can correct me or back me up on this but I don't recall Columbus Day as being a holiday that Disney purposely avoids for their room discount windows. If you check out Disney's rack rates around those dates, you're still in the middle of the road as far as price is concerned. It's great that you're planning so far in advance, but Disney seems to typically release the discounts 2-4 months prior, so you still have a little ways to go.

You can always book something through a travel agent and hope that the discounts will kick in retroactively.

I'd also contact the Swan and Dolphin to see if they have any discounts available that far in advance. Theirs will probably apply before Disney's, and you'd be able to stay close to Epcot for F&W for much less than the Boarwalk, Beach Club, or Yacht Club through Disney.

Also, go to mouseowners.com or one of the other DVC sites and see if you can rent points from someone for that period. Actually, do this first. There's no blackout dates. If there's availability, you can probably score a DVC villa rental for what you'd pay on a value or moderate on those dates.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom