Blacklisted after applying for DCP?

ladydi

Original Poster
My son applied for the DCP and answered the online questionnaire honestly…rookie mistake. He’s a good kid and has a lot of experience working with the public. He is graduating this May and thought to just get hired as a CM. However, when he applied for a position he was immediately denied. Does Disney link that original questionnaire to any time he applies? He is crushed-he has friends who have been accepted to DCP and was hoping to join them in Orlando.

castlecake2.0

My son applied for the DCP and answered the online questionnaire honestly…rookie mistake. He’s a good kid and has a lot of experience working with the public. He is graduating this May and thought to just get hired as a CM. However, when he applied for a position he was immediately denied. Does Disney link that original questionnaire to any time he applies? He is crushed-he has friends who have been accepted to DCP and was hoping to join them in Orlando.
How soon after applying for the DCP did he apply for a regular role. I believe if you are declined you have to wait 6 months to apply again.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Try again in 6 months or a year.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Universal Orlando is currently paying higher starting wages than WDW. He can apply there and still get an apartment with or just socialize with his friends.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Sounds like your son dodged a bullet tbh. The DCP is nothing more than a glorified exploitation program that will offer nothing to his future career aspirations. Before anyone jumps down my throat, I did on in '12 and had a ball. But there are better ways to spend six months post-graduation than working for mediocre wages in a theme park in Orlando. If he is really serious and interested in working for Disney in the future, perhaps he can look into a more professional role within the company.

ladydi

Original Poster
Thanks all. He’s still bummed but getting over it. His degree is in secondary Ed so his backup plan is getting a “real” job which mom and dad are a bit more excited about. He was just hoping for one last hurrah before joining the grown up work force. I told him that I’ll try to take him and his brother and sister for a short week this summer instead.

Disstevefan1

Thanks all. He’s still bummed but getting over it. His degree is in secondary Ed so his backup plan is getting a “real” job which mom and dad are a bit more excited about. He was just hoping for one last hurrah before joining the grown up work force. I told him that I’ll try to take him and his brother and sister for a short week this summer instead.
How about Universal? He will get that $17 right away it possibly a more laid-back work atmosphere.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
There's a shortage of teachers in Orlando. Get a job with OCPS and attempt for seasonal/part time at WDW later?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom