Black Widow moves to 2021

erasure fan1

I finally watched it. The 2 things that stuck out the most to me are:
1. This movie 100% should have replaced captain marvel. It just fell a bit flat knowing how her story ended.
2. What was up with basically giving her super powers? There was at least 4 or 5 times she should have died. Lol
All in all it was good, not great.

UNCgolf

I finally watched Black Widow tonight. Red Guardian was easily the best part, but he also displayed a problem with prequels like this: where was he during Infinity War? Wouldn't you want to call in another super soldier to help save the planet/galaxy?

What baffled me, though, was the special effects/CGI. They were fine for the first half of the movie, maybe even the first 75%. then suddenly the quality fell off a cliff. The scenes at the Red Room were awful; very obvious, bad CGI and clear green screening. It looked like stuff you'd see in a network TV show.

What the heck happened? It almost felt like they ran out of money during production, which couldn't possibly be the case.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

A world-wide pandemic.

Yeah, that doesn't explain anything -- it's not like the animation quality in Luca was noticeably worse for the last 20-30 minutes. And if it was, it certainly wouldn't be excusable because there was a pandemic.

They pushed the movie back for over a year. They had plenty of time to fix whatever needed fixing.

There's no legitimate argument to give Disney a pass on this, especially since you had to pay extra to watch it on Disney+ at release.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

The movie was originally scheduled for release on May 1, 2020. I've got to think it was essentially, if not completely, finished by the time when the pandemic started affecting everything.

Exactly. Blaming COVID for that shoddiness is silly for a million reasons.

LSLS

Yeah, that doesn't explain anything -- it's not like the animation quality in Luca was noticeably worse for the last 20-30 minutes. And if it was, it certainly wouldn't be excusable because there was a pandemic.

They pushed the movie back for over a year. They had plenty of time to fix whatever needed fixing.

There's no legitimate argument to give Disney a pass on this, especially since you had to pay extra to watch it on Disney+ at release.

Could be they simply weren't given enough time before the initial premiere data and then never went back with things being pushed back. I didn't notice it as much in black widdow as I did with black panther, and I know that was a big reason for the issue in black panther.

UNCgolf

Could be they simply weren't given enough time before the initial premiere data and then never went back with things being pushed back. I didn't notice it as much in black widdow as I did with black panther, and I know that was a big reason for the issue in black panther.

That definitely could be what happened, but it's still inexcusable. Some of the CGI in the last 30 or so minutes is laughably bad, and I think it was especially noticeable for me because it was such a contrast to earlier in the same movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom