Biting off too much?

mbtohill

So we've been to Disney many times but always for 8-9 days at a time in May, which really allows us to SLOW DOWN. Well that all changes in December when we are doing a weekend. Here's my plan, tell me if I'm nuts.

Arrive at Swan 11:30am on Friday Dec. 12th. Straight to MK, hopeful to get the Mountains and Jingle Cruise done by around 4:30. Whip over to HS for Osborne Lights "switch on"...then 7pm ADR at Via Napoli...Illuminations...Day one in the books.

Saturday Dec 13th...Rope Drop at HS with EMH. RnR, ToT, TSM....Epcot the rest of the day, Soarin, TT, and touring the countries....

Sunday - mid morning flight back to CT.

Doable?????

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Do you have FP+? If think what you've planned is do-able, if you hit things in the right order, your party is very fast-moving, you make use of FP or FP+ to the extent possible, and nobody minds waiting 30-60 minutes for all other attractions. Personally, I was exhausted just reading your post! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jrn14

I personally wouldn't want to go to 3 parks in one day ever...I hate feeling rushed and would feel like a maniac on the busses...but if this is one of many trips you take to WDW in a year I say go for it...if this is the only trip you're taking for a while I would pick two parks...and do one a day and probably cut out Epcot.

Upvote 0

Betsyboo

I say go for it but whatever happens take it in stride. Since you've been before you can focus on just these attractions. Have a great time! I'm jealous. I'd love to see Disney in December.

Upvote 0

75disney

Saturday definitely sounds doable if you are doing FP+ for the Epcot attractions. The timing on Friday May be tight, going from Studios to Epcot, especially since Via Napoli is all the way in the back of WS. Do you have a car or are you using Disney transportation? With a car, it might be easier. Good luck doing it all!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

I don't think you will make your 7pm ADR at Via Napoli if you stay for the Osborne Lights turn-on at 6. That area gets pretty crowded, and even if you don't linger to view the lights (which would be a mistake, IMHO) you are looking at a 15-20 minute walk just to get to the boat dock for your ride to Epcot...then you need to wait for the boat...then you have another 15-20 minute boat ride (with stops)...then you have the walk from the International Gateway to Italy. And if you forego the boat and decide to walk from DHS to Epcot, it won't save you much (if any) time.

If you have never seen the Osborne lights, I would choose that over Via Napoli. If you can't secure a later ADR, I would eat at a counter-serve restaurant once at Epcot and still see Illuminations.

(We arrive on Saturday the 14th and have a 7 pm ADR for Via Napoli, so I'm not anti-Via, haha.)

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Another tip...if you are arriving at DHS by car, plan to be there by 5 p.m. The lot will be full from guests who arrived earlier in the day, so you will be directed to an "outer" area to park (even if guests from "close in" sections have left) and then you have to get on the tram. You will want to allow yourself plenty of time to get to the front entrance, through security and admission turnstiles, and then the walk to NY Street to secure a spot to watch the lights turn on.

We made the mistake last year of arriving by car at 5:30 p.m. and had to RUN through the parking lot (had just missed a tram) and then RUN to NY Street after entering the park and JUST MADE IT as the switch was flipped. Do not recommend this method!

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

The 12th to 14th, That would be Thursday to Saturday...
Did you mean the 13th to 15th, Friday to Sunday?

Unless you have FP+, I think you will miss out on TT and maybe Soarin...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom