Biscuits and gravy

tribbleorlfl

Another option of you're off-property for breakfast and are in a b&g mood is Wawa. Surprisingly decent gravy (though the biscuits are premade). They also occasionally have another similar delicacy: cream dried beef on toast.

shipley731

As a brit reading this my confusion knows no end......

It's a Southern thing. Biscuits topped with a Sausage Gravy. The gravy made from sausage & sausage drippings, thickened up with some flour to make a roux, then finished using milk as it's primary liquid. Other seasonings are generally added as well. (Or the restaurant buys a crappy pre-made version that comes in a can or gets a powder that they add the liquid to. Ugh.) When done well, biscuits & gravy is amazing. WDW version is ok, but I prefer my own version that I make at home. Biscuits & the gravy are both made from scratch. Not the case in WDW.

RoadTrip

As a brit reading this my confusion knows no end......
I understand. I totally do not understand British breakfast items either. Tomatoes? Baked Beans? Black Pudding (I know what it is and it scares me!)? Bubble and Squeak (whatever THAT is)? Guess I'll stick with biscuits and sausage gravy. The stuff at WDW is generally OK; at Trail's End it is pretty good. My wife makes the best biscuits and sausage and gravy I've ever tasted, so it is hard for anyone to compete. :)

SW_matt

I understand. I totally do not understand British breakfast items either. Tomatoes? Baked Beans? Black Pudding (I know what it is and it scares me!)? Bubble and Squeak (whatever THAT is)? Guess I'll stick with biscuits and sausage gravy. The stuff at WDW is generally OK; at Trail's End it is pretty good. My wife makes the best biscuits and sausage and gravy I've ever tasted, so it is hard for anyone to compete. :)

I have had it at WDW (particularly at trails end) and I really enjoyed it. It just takes a moment for my brain to catch up haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom