Birthdays at WDW

Anne

My daughter will be 13 while be are there- any idea on anything special to do?

Had wondered about a character breakfast - which is a good one as we have never done any character meals.

Thanks
:)

BRER STITCH

AWESOME!

Take her to the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review at Fort Wilderness.

They're sure to make a big fuss out of her birthday and you'll both have lots of fun at this Dinner Show!

Also, be sure to stop by City Hall at the Magic Kingdom to ask for a special "Today is my Birthday" button!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

We've done two character breakfasts for my youngest daughters birthday with Winnie The Pooh (and friends) at The Crystal Palace in MK. Just mention the birthday as you're seated - they brought a small cake (with candle), the staff were all singing Happy Birthday and she was given some Mickey shaped "pixie dust" just to keep her day special.
Its a great experience and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I celebrated my 20th birthday on Dec 26 of this past year at Disney.

To make it really special, buy a "Birthday Cake Hat" at any of the theme parks. They are only offered at welcoming kiosks outside of the park, even before you put your ticket in to enter. They are multi tiered cakes and the candles on top light up when you push a button. While wearing the hat, every single cast member and many, many guests, wish you happy birthday's all day long and embarrass you a little. Also, some CMs gave me some free souvenirs and ice creams...nothing big tho.

Also, every park has a "birthday" pin for free. I just asked for mine at the turnstiles. Also, at the turnstyles, you can talk on the phone to Goofy at Epcot, Mickey ands Minnie and MK, and other charace=ters at the othe rparks. They sing to you on the phone and have a mini convo. It's a tape recording, but is still nice and funny.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

mandib

OMG see there are other moms like you! My mom took my 2 best friends and me down to WDW for 5 days last year for my 13th b-day! I have never had such a fun time. We bought Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger ears and wore them around the park. Also make sure when you make reservations at a restuarant that you metion it's a some one's birthday. They put confetti all over the table and even game me a card! Also they sang me happy birthday. FUNFUNFUN! Well have a good time!

Upvote 0

Katherine

I turned 14 while I was down there and DEFINANTLY get her a pin from City Hall or some where they're so much fun! I go probably 100 Happy B-day's not just from CM's but from others all around the park! I also had a whole Star Tours pod sing me Happy B-day. You can also get a call from Goofy really cute tons of fun! When I was leaving MK though a CM saw my pin and started yelling that it was my B-day and she asked me all these questions how old I am and stuff(really embarrassing, my face was probably bright red, but it was so much fun).

The Hoop-Dee-Doo-Revue is awesome! I did it the same trip(we were suppose to do it on my B-day but my dad was down there for a meeting and he had to go to a dinner so I went to) and it is sooooo much fun! We were upstairs but we still felt like we were part of the action! It was really funny when people were picked to do a surprise ending:lookaroun . Overall your family will have a great time(and some good strawberry shortcake)!!

Upvote 0

Mission: SPACE

We live close to the parks and go over ALL the time, but I had never been there on my birthday. So, for my 15th bday, we went over for two nights and stayed at the Contemporary... FUN TIME! If you stay on property, mention it when you make reservations! They had a card, balloons, and some other goodies in our room when we got back from the park... I think that's the first time I've EVER seen that much FREE STUFF from Disney!!! LOL!!!
Anyway, I agree with the Hoop-Dee-Doo idea... it's a great show full of comedy. But have a fun time while you're down here!!!

Upvote 0

Nickahlers

Years Ago

Like in the mid '90's (not that long ago, I know), my brother's son celebrated his tenth or eleventh birthday on that trip and they did quite a lot at the Magic Kingdom, although I understand this celebration no longer exists. They took all the kids celebrating birthdays and put them on this huge double-decker bus and they rode in the parade on this bus filled with characters. After the parade (or maybe it was before...as I said earlier this family trip was a little while ago) all the birthday people and their families went to some kind of a private character lunch (or desert maybe) in a private dining room. Every table had their very own cake and they were greeted by Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Chip, Dale, and Mickey. It was really nice, and everyone receieved very special attention from the cast members.

Anyone know why Disney discontinued this program?

Upvote 0

disneydudette

not sure....

I rember for my 4th brithday....my mom took me to a restuarant...and they would call up all the kids with Birthdays...well I ran up...and here's the best part...
if you were 3...you ate for free...or maybe it was just discounted...and so my mom didn't want me to say how old i was...technically I was four....
so when the CM held me up and asked how old I was...I said...
"...4...but shhh...don't tell anyone....they think I'm still "free".."
The CM laughed and said the meal was free...and apparently I was a big hit....

sry didn't mean to drift....

You can have a disney Birthday Party too....
I don't know all the details....
but I know the child came on the bus with one of those HUGE stuffed animals...and was like it was a birthday present...
no obviously it wasn't free....but I thiunk it was like a birthday package...at DTD...u pay...and get dinner at a restuarant...a cake...some cute gifts..and then a big girft....
I say call and ask....

13 is a big year for a girl....
and a sad year for the parents....
no matter what...cherish the days with your daughter...the love you give is more important then a present....
well for a kid it's not...but they'll get it when they get older....

I'm coming on my sweet 16...and planning on spending it in WDW....
my problem is...it's 9/11....
so maybe...I'll change it to like December 12...so I can go when no ones there...yea I like that idea better!

GOOD LUCK!

Upvote 0

EthylCooper

I just wanted to thank you guys for all these birthday threads! After reading about the birthday pin and everyone's great birthday experiences, I decided a few weeks ago to get some of my friends together for a birthday trip in April. I spent hours last week doing thread searches to decide where to eat, and I've got it narrowed down now. So thank you everyone who's posted their experiences! :wave:

Upvote 0

mstarfishee

My personal favorite is Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary:slurp:, they do both a Character Breakfast and a Character Dinner. It's a lot of fun regardless of your age!!! We brought my cousin there for her birthday when she turned 15 (she was embarassed at first, but then had a GREAT TIME!!!), all of the characters surround the table, they play a "celebrate" song (Disney-style of course), then all of the guests spin their napkins and wave them in the air. It's a great time and the food is decent too, I think that the breakfast is far better than the dinner, but it's a must each year when we go to WDW. Good luck making your decision, regardless of what you choose, the time you spend together with your family is what makes the trip really worth it!!!:slurp:

Upvote 0

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
If you are going to be at WDW take some hints from my dad and I

search for "disneyanna0521" then look on the last page of the results look for "my sweet 16 and the most magical place on earth"

Upvote 0

Anne

Original Poster
Sounds like a magical birthday Disneyanna.

Hoop- dee- doo sounds like fun as does the Birthday Cake Hat - although whether she would wear that is another matter - probably not "cool" enough.

Chef Mickeys sounds like fun as well.

Just looking forward to being in such a magical place for her birthday:D :D

Upvote 0
It could be worse. LoL I will be celebrating my 19th away from family and old friends in September, for if all goes well, I will be working in disney world from May till January. I'm sure my fellow CP's will make it interesting though.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Are you kidding me?! I wear my birthday hat up here at school in my dorm room, just for fun, haha, and my friends do too and we all think it is real cool and just a lot of fun. And it comes in handy for birthdays! No need for embarrassment, its all cool!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom