Birthdays at Disneyworld

gunsnroses

My sister will be celebrating a birthday while we're there in September. Anybody know where I can get a cake or sweets delivered to our room at the Polynesian?

Willful

Found this on wdwinfo.com:

Birthday/Special Occasion Cakes

Restaurants:
Six-inch cakes are available at most Disney full serve restaurants for birthdays and anniversaries. Other cakes are also available and must be ordered in advance by contacting the individual restaurant.

The six inch celebration cake is $12.50 (plus tax and gratuity.) These do not require advance notice and can be requested at the podium of the full serve restaurant.

If you want a personalized, custom made cake, you can order it via the Cake Hotline: 407-827-2253. This requires 48 hours advance notice.

Resorts: If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, you can order a Celebration Cake to be delivered to your room through room service or through the resort guest services.

Also, make sure to get a Happy Birthday button for your sister. Just stop at the Guest Relations/Town Hall at the 4 theme parks. They each have different buttons. It doesn't guarantee you anything special. But at least cast member and often times guest will wish you happy birthday. Sometimes the button will get you picked at a show or something. Ya'never know!

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

Also, make sure to get a Happy Birthday button for your sister. Just stop at the Guest Relations/Town Hall at the 4 theme parks. They each have different buttons. It doesn't guarantee you anything special. But at least cast member and often times guest will wish you happy birthday. Sometimes the button will get you picked at a show or something. Ya'never know!
The parks all have the sme birthday buttons. I didnt realize that & got 3 of the same button last October.

Upvote 0

slacker

You can get cakes delivered to the room? That's awesome. It's my parents' anniversary when we're there and i've been wanting this kind information so badly. Thank you birthday thread!!
Can you request the cake to be delivered so that it'll be there when they get back from their dinner? I hope so.

Upvote 0

frankd1962

A friend called the hotel on the day of my birthday and when I got back to the room to change from the rain soaked clothes I found a balloon set with this.

Goofyautograph.jpg

Goofy.jpg

The button was cool to wear all week and have other Guests, CMs and characters acknowledge the button with a "Happy Birthday" and Minnie & Dale gave me a birthday kiss.

Upvote 0

Willful

frankd1962, that's a great point that I forgot about! Tell the resort...and all your ADR's about the birthday! Remember there's no guarantee that Disney will do anything, but there's a good chance they will. Similarily to frankd1962's surprise, I've received birthday cards from Cindy, Mickey & Minnie, and Stitch in past birthdays. As well as being sung Happy birthday by everyone in our section at Chef Mickey's character breakfast.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

My sister will be celebrating a birthday while we're there in September. Anybody know where I can get a cake or sweets delivered to our room at the Polynesian?
Just call WDW & they will help you.
We ordered a cake for my DS last summer - he celebrated his b'day at The Crystal Palace at the MK.
The cake was made & delivered to the restaurant.
It was great!:slurp:
:wave:

Upvote 0

tigger1968

Call and have them add a note to your reservation that she is having a birthday during your stay. Also, mention it when you check into the resort. As mentioned, there's no guarantee that you will get anything, but it sure can't hurt. We stayed at the WL for an anniversary trip once, and while we splurged and stayed concierge, I had only ordered flowers for the room. Shortly after our arrival, a chocolate cake was delivered, compliments of the resort staff!

We stayed at the Contempoary for a b-day trip for me. On my actual birthday, we came back to the room to find baloons and a card from Chip and Dale. The next day I got one from Mickey! My wife had made sure to mention it when making the ressies, and also told the CM at check in. We loved the way the CM's went above and beyond. I still have the cards...my favorite is the one from Chip and Dale, because it's signed "Love 'N Nuts" :lol:

Upvote 0

gunsnroses

Original Poster
Thanks for all the information, I think we're gonna make her wear a birthday hat & shirt to go along with the birthday pin, so we can REALLY embarrass her!!:animwink:

Upvote 0

frankd1962

I bought the "birthday cake" hat. It looks like a cake and has "candles" on it that will light up when a button in the "frosting" around the "cake". I would buy it and not let her know that you have it. Sneak it to the restrauant that you plan to have the big B-Day meal at and if there are characters there, have them bring the hat out with the cake. I don't think she would take it off right away.

And you'll never know where or how you'll bet a birthday greeting. The one I was most embarrassed about was at AK. I was waiting to get in to the Pocahontas show at Camp Minnie-Mickey. There were some day campers there with their CM camp counselor. Now they were talking about stuff and we all were just standing there when the CM called the kids closer. She started talking about what they were going to do a bit later and then they leaned in closer. All of a sudden they all turn and started singing "Happy Birthday". At first I didn't think it was me until they sang my name and I blushed like crazy.

Good place I experienced for birthday buttons was 50's Prime Time, 'Ohana and Garden Grill. They will make it feel real special especially at 50's.

Upvote 0

cemcgee

:lol: My daughter celebrated her 9th birthday last October at Disney, and they treated us like royality. Every where we ate, they gave her a birthday card. When we arrived at the Grand Floridian, a birthday cake was waiting in our room and several cards from her favorite characters.. It was really, really special!! Make sure you get a birthday pin from guest relations or concierge at your hotel, and have a wonderful time!!! Disney really made her 9th birthday wonderful!!!! ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom