Birthdays and restaurants??

alh2011

Original Poster
I was wondering if the restaurants will do anything special if you tell them it's your birthday? Does it have to be on exact day? Will they ask for ID? My husbands birthday is July 30 and we have ADR for CP on July 29 so thought would be nice if I could tell them it's his birthday breakfast celebration and be able to get the card and cupcake. Is it free or do you have to pay to have it done? Thanks!!

belledream

It doesn't have to be the exact day and I don't think they ever ask for proof ;). You should definitely call Disney dining and tell them someone in your party is celebrating a birthday. That way they can add it to your dining reservation and possibly prepare an extra little treat. It's free! Depending on which restaurant your ADR is for, they will all do things a little differently, but it shouldn't go unnoticed.

Lightning McQueen

I have been lucky enough to enjoy several birthdays in the world each time family and friends have managed to organise cakes and balloons of varying different sizes and shapes. It is deff possible!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Nope, they don't check ID. I've celebrated my birthday at both BoG and CRT. Make sure the ADR includes the birthday celebration (you will have to call Dining). They always bring some special treat - usually a cupcake. At BoG, I got the special cupcake and the Beast gave me a special birthday hug - he cannot sign autographs because of his paws. Also make sure your husband wears his birthday celebratory badge. All this is free.

You can order cakes and other things that the staff at the restaurant will bring out. At CRT, we were lucky to be included with all the other diners when a guest asked his girlfriend to marry him - he did the whole nine yards. Down on one knee, the ring in the glass slipper on a silver tray, the champagne, all of it. Disney will do it right, but that you have to pay for.

belledream

You can call and have them make a note of it on your resort reservation - they will give it to you upon check in. You could also just pick one up from the Guest Relations at one of the theme parks.

Emm

When I made an adr for june, the cm asked about special celebrations. I told her my son's birthday was a week after. She asked if we would still be at WDW for the bd. When I sais no, she said thst she would have a special early treat for his birthday at the dinner. Another example of great cm

[COUNTDOWN=][/COUNTDOWN]

Last edited:

cw1982

Make sure the ADR includes the birthday celebration (you will have to call Dining). They always bring some special treat - usually a cupcake. At BoG, I got the special cupcake and the Beast gave me a special birthday hug - he cannot sign autographs because of his paws. Also make sure your husband wears his birthday celebratory badge. All this is free.

So glad you said this! As soon as I read this, I called Disney and had our anniversary noted on our ADR's. Not sure if that gets a similar treatment to birthdays, but I figured it didn't hurt to see what happens... especially at BoG :)

HouCuseChickie

If you're staying onsite, make sure you have the bday celebration on your resort or package reservation as they'll give a personalized bday button at check in. If you're staying offsite, guest relations at the park can get you such a button.

Make sure the bday is noted on ALL of your ADRs and make sure he has his button on at all times.

Character meals are definitely the best for having them do a little extra something for the bday person. Most of them will at least give some kind of cupcake, a few will also give a card, some will add on a special placemat, and a few will also sprinkle the table in confetti. California Grill is the only non-character meal I can think of that I've seen do things for special occasions on a fairly regular basis; however, DD7 had the crazy luck of having the staff at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot serenade her and bring her a cupcake. It was awesome!

EDIT- we've celebrated bdays on a number of our trips- rarely right on the bday- but we make the whole trip a bday event. Often, just getting all of the bday wishes trumps any kind of cupcake :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom