Birthday treats?

bailey5697

A few people have told me that if you mention you have a Birthday person in your party to a cast member at checkin you will find a cake in your room that evening?
First off, I know Disney is the most magical place on earth but I can't imagine this happening without some sort of charge. Does anyone have any experience with this? :veryconfu

The Mom

Premium Member
I've never gotten a cake in my room, but if you mention a birthday while making a PS, you'll get a small (more than adequate for 4-6 people) cake for dessert, and the CMs will sing Happy Birthday to you. :)

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

If you mention it when you make a PS, you will get an ENORMOUS cupcake with about 3 inches of frosting. It was more than enough for the 4 of us, especially considering we had just stuffed ourselves silly at Chef Mickey's.

Can't help you on the hotel room thing.

Upvote 0

tikiman

We have received a cake every year because we go at my birthday. We also have gotten stuff for our honeymoon and anniversary like flowers, chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries , champagne and even a free talking Stitch.

Here is a link. At the bottom of the page are photos of some of the stuff left in our room.

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/rooms.html

Aloha

Steve
birthday1.jpg

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I'm wondering if it makes a difference whether you are in a regular room or in concierge.

I would expect more "goodies" if you are in concierge than at a moderate or value.

Upvote 0

bailey5697

Original Poster
Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
I'm wondering if it makes a difference whether you are in a regular room or in concierge.

I would expect more "goodies" if you are in concierge than at a moderate or value.

I'm staying in a 2BR at OKW, I assume this is something I would have to arrange (With a charge) rather than have the magic happen on its own. :animwink:

Upvote 0

tikiman

There are a few more things that the concierge seems to take care of but I know others who have stayed in a standard Polynesian room who have gotten the same treats. It does seem to be a difference if you are staying in a deluxe or moderate resort but I have heard about the cakes at the moderate resorts just not the champagne and some of the other goodies.

Upvote 0

bailey5697

Original Poster
Originally posted by tikiman
It does seem to be a difference if you are staying in a deluxe or moderate resort but I have heard about the cakes at the moderate resorts just not the champagne and some of the other goodies.

Either Way, I am definitely going to mention it at check in. I'll see if there is a charge, but they have to be able to help me out by getting it there! :slurp:

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Last summer at All-Star Movies, my mom told the CM's at Guest Relations that it was my birthday the next day, and at around 8:30 before we left to go to MK the next morning on my birhtday, Mickey Mouse came to our room with a balloon that said "Happy 19th Birthday", and a card that he and Minnie autographed. He was visiting a few rooms, because he was being driven around in a golf cart with about 10 other balloons on it. Guest Relations will hook you up with some cool things!!!

Upvote 0

bailey5697

Original Poster
Originally posted by crazygirley
with a balloon that said "Happy 19th Birthday", and a card that he and Minnie autographed. He was visiting a few rooms, because he was being driven around in a golf cart with about 10 other balloons on it. Guest Relations will hook you up with some cool things!!!

Thats a great story! I am excited, I am definitely going to mention it! :animwink:

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Originally posted by bailey5697
Thats a great story! I am excited, I am definitely going to mention it! :animwink:

You really should, and don't forget about getting an "It's My Birthday Pin". I got mine at Guest Relations at MK, but I think you can get them at all of the parks as well.

Upvote 0
We've gone on my birthday before, too (next month will be the second time). I'm a grown-up "kid" so I don't usually tell people it's my bday, but I still have a HAPPY story about letting cast members know about special occasions...
My son, who has autism, was always terrified of the water. Two years ago on our trip to WDW we were staying at All-Star Movies. There must have been a little bit of Disney magic going on, because he decided not only to go into the water, but to try and swim! He ended up learning to swim on that trip (including putting his face in the water!) and had a blast! The lifeguards at the pool found out about his big step and while chatting with me, they asked which building we were staying in, and asked my son his favorite character, to which he replied "Mickey Mouse, of course!"
The next evening as we returned from our day at the parks, we were surprised to find a full size plush of Mickey Mouse along with a card and photo signed from Mickey and Minnie Mouse. They congratulated him on learning to swim and even included a lanyard pin of Mickey swimming. My son will always cherish them, and I will always be grateful to the wonderful cast members who arranged this bit of Disney magic!
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Originally posted by disneyfanmom
We've gone on my birthday before, too (next month will be the second time). I'm a grown-up "kid" so I don't usually tell people it's my bday, but I still have a HAPPY story about letting cast members know about special occasions...
My son, who has autism, was always terrified of the water. Two years ago on our trip to WDW we were staying at All-Star Movies. There must have been a little bit of Disney magic going on, because he decided not only to go into the water, but to try and swim! He ended up learning to swim on that trip (including putting his face in the water!) and had a blast! The lifeguards at the pool found out about his big step and while chatting with me, they asked which building we were staying in, and asked my son his favorite character, to which he replied "Mickey Mouse, of course!"
The next evening as we returned from our day at the parks, we were surprised to find a full size plush of Mickey Mouse along with a card and photo signed from Mickey and Minnie Mouse. They congratulated him on learning to swim and even included a lanyard pin of Mickey swimming. My son will always cherish them, and I will always be grateful to the wonderful cast members who arranged this bit of Disney magic!
:sohappy:

I am not sure, but they do seem to do alot for the guests who stay at the All-Star Resorts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom