Birthday Perk

YozhikRoth

Just out of curiosity-I will be going to Disney in June with my girlfriend, and it will be her first trip, as well as her birthday. What perks can I shamelessly ask for to make this trip extra special?

mousehockey37

Just out of curiosity-I will be going to Disney in June with my girlfriend, and it will be her first trip, as well as her birthday. What perks can I shamelessly ask for to make this trip extra special?

Don't ask for any perks. Don't go expecting anything. The worst let downs are the ones that people expect and don't get.

A button.

Yup. This. Wear it and see what happens.

Yes, a button will get you far. DH and I had anniversary buttons, cast members will notice and say, “congrats” or “happy birthday” which is really special. And wherever you eat, a lot of the time you will get a free dessert (QS or TS) or in our case, a glass of champagne each. Have a great time and a happy birthday!

To this... if you make ADRs, note it on the reservation. Don't shove the button in your servers face.

It drives me nuts when people go looking for "perks." Just go have fun, enjoy being together for her birthday IN WDW, and if something happens it happens.

This is how the magic gets taken away due to abuse.

Exactly.

These types of threads always make me cringe. If you're going for "perks" then don't go at all because 9 times out of 10, you'll be sorely disappointed when your trip is over and nothing of significance happens.

Words to live by with threads like this...

Do NOT try to force or expect anyone to do anything. CM's aren't stupid and they've been around the block a time or two when it comes to people that are hunting for freebies. They have the ability to make a moment magical, but if you force the issue, you're as good as done.

Having said the prior, I've had some pretty awesome magic/pixie dust. Do I ever expect it to happen again? Nope. Why? I'll just go with the stars aligned and the magic was with me on those days. Other times, nothing's happened, but hey, I was in WDW and not at home working, so that was magic enough.

If you want to do anything magical for your girlfriend, do it yourself. Don't count on Disney to do it for you.

Upvote 0

disneyworlddad

Agreed, dont expect anything. I wore a birthday button (I was celebrating as it was just a couple days past my birthday) and I got many Happy Birthdays (which i enjoyed) but nothing extra. I wasn't disappointed though because I wasn't expecting anything. The most magical moment was when we were first on the Nemo ride on our Epcot morning and my son was wearing his Nemo shirt. All the cast members said HEY NEMO IS HERE WE CAN START NOW! Like every single one of them in line all at different points. Then the last cast member in the load area gave him this little plastic orange fish! It was a very magical moment.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

If you really want to score some points and impress her, youll find ways to show her shes special to you in your own way. Arrange for some surprises ahead of time to pop on her throughout the trip. My GF became my DW because I always found ways to surprise her when she wasnt expecting it and showed her how much I cared for her. Still working after 34 + years.

726d64a7b8de410305945a2d4d9512f2.jpg

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Yes, a button will get you far. DH and I had anniversary buttons, cast members will notice and say, “congrats” or “happy birthday” which is really special. And wherever you eat, a lot of the time you will get a free dessert (QS or TS) or in our case, a glass of champagne each. Have a great time and a happy birthday!

My husband and I visited three times during his birthday and have never gotten anything "free" other than the button. We're going to be visiting again this year during his birthday---not expecting much.

Back in 2006, a Disney bus driver, named Freddie B. (I think), randomly gave us a picture that he drew of a giraffe. I framed it.

Attachments

• giraffe.jpg
    giraffe.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

Agreed, dont expect anything. I wore a birthday button (I was celebrating as it was just a couple days past my birthday) and I got many Happy Birthdays (which i enjoyed) but nothing extra. I wasn't disappointed though because I wasn't expecting anything. The most magical moment was when we were first on the Nemo ride on our Epcot morning and my son was wearing his Nemo shirt. All the cast members said HEY NEMO IS HERE WE CAN START NOW! Like every single one of them in line all at different points. Then the last cast member in the load area gave him this little plastic orange fish! It was a very magical moment.

This is the most magical and sweet thing I've read on here in awhile!! I'm so happy for your family and son! He must have felt so special!!!:inlove::inlove::joyfull::joyfull:

Upvote 0

Kristopher Rannells

I received a couple of dessert treats, were asked if we wanted to ride in the front car of BTM, EE, and RNR, and had a ton of Happy Birthday wishes from CM's while wearing the Happy Birthday button on one trip during my birthday. As a poster above said we never mentioned it to a CM or acted like we were expecting anything. Also the DW and I had 25th Wedding Anniversary buttons on and had a lot of Pixie Dust moments. Just treat all the CM's like you really appreciate them and you're more likely to get pixie dust moments.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
My kids had the birthday buttons and more often then not, they got free deserts at table service restaurants. This was partly a birthday present for the kids and so while it wasn't technically their bday, they enjoyed it.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

I'll tell my husband to wear the birthday button this year and see what happens. It is also my father-in-law's first ever visit to any Disney park. I'll get him to wear a button too. Both fathers retired this year, too. My son is graduating high school this year. I received tenure for the second time. Lots of celebrations this time. lol

Upvote 0

disneyworlddad

This is the most magical and sweet thing I've read on here in awhile!! I'm so happy for your family and son! He must have felt so special!!!:inlove::inlove::joyfull::joyfull:

While I know he had a smile on his face from all the attention I think it made mom and Dad smile more! This happened about 2 years ago but it is my favorite Disney moment. Can't wait to take him back with his new sister!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom