Birthday Party Ideas

journ116

Original Poster
Bonjour! Bienvenudos! Buenos dias! Hello!

I am hitting a bit of a brick wall with ideas for my DD6's SURPRISE Birthday Party. Because it's a Disney-themed surprise, I can't do my normal, "What kind of theme would you like for your party this year, Chloe?" I've been trying to non-chalantly ask her, "If you could have a party, what would it be?" (OK, that one is a bit obvious). When I took her with me to the supermarket last week, I stopped by the bakery and had her look thru the cake book for any ideas.

Here's what I've got:
-The party is being held at our local theatre, one of those Art Decco, 1-screen, places. On the mezzanine level are tables, chairs, barstools, and couches.
-She wants a Merida cake.
-She's got several "favorite" movies: 'Brave,' 'Wreck-it Ralph,' 'Monster's Inc.,' (sometimes), 'The Three Little Pigs,' and 'Beauty and the Beast.'
-I will have the 'Pixar Shorts' playing while guests arrive; and I was thinking of finding some video of WISHES to play after the movie (because if Disney can end the day with fireworks, so should this once-in-a-lifetime birthday party)...anyone willing to share an HD version of theirs?

Here's where I'm stuck:
-THEME!: She likes so many Disney movies, not one more than the other. So, I was thinking, since she really would like to go to WDW for her birthday at the end of February (not going to happen until June), I would theme it to things found in MK! From the food to the decor to the party savors...but what could those items be?

-I found a 'Dapper Dans' video of them singing 'Happy Birthday' (their way of course), but it's on YouTube. The poster claims that it was e-mailed to him from Disney during the "get into a Disney Park for free on your birthday." Does anyone know who I could contact to get that?

There are a lot of creative, Disney-loving people on these boards, so I know I'll get more ideas here than I could on the internet or from my DH;)! Thank you for any and all ideas!

Jessica Meier

Why not do like an Oscar night theme but have it showcase all of the Disney Movies she loves. Guest can come dressed as their faves and she can dress in her favorite costume or as a movie starlet. Have a red carpet and a step and repeat (where famous people have their pics taken at movie premiers) for photo opps. The cake could be movie themed to with scenes of her favorites all around the cake in like movie cells. So many ideas!

journ116

Original Poster
Why not do like an Oscar night theme but have it showcase all of the Disney Movies she loves. Guest can come dressed as their faves and she can dress in her favorite costume or as a movie starlet. Have a red carpet and a step and repeat (where famous people have their pics taken at movie premiers) for photo opps. The cake could be movie themed to with scenes of her favorites all around the cake in like movie cells. So many ideas!

Those are all really good ideas!! As part of the theatre rental, a red carpet will be rolled out flanked by velvet ropes! Now, if only I could find a baker willing to incorporate all her favorites....

HouCuseChickie

Those are all really good ideas!! As part of the theatre rental, a red carpet will be rolled out flanked by velvet ropes! Now, if only I could find a baker willing to incorporate all her favorites....

They "should" be able to incorporate all of her favorites with very little effort. Obviously, I'm not sure of all of the abilities/limitations of the bakery, but they should be able to get edible images of most Disney faves. If you don't want it to be one dominant theme...they can use edible images intended for cupcakes...and then come up with some cohesive theme for edible framing of each one. For example, here's edible image options for Merida...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Merida-and-...pplies&var=&hash=item2a2e7b3682#ht_1183wt_992

wreck it ralph
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wreck-It-Ra...ter_Toys_US&hash=item589d546822#ht_3367wt_992

monsters inc
http://www.ebay.com/itm/N562-Edible...ltDomain_0&hash=item232c9524ac#ht_2196wt_1022

batb
http://www.ebay.com/itm/N433-Edible...ltDomain_0&hash=item19de907a8c#ht_2196wt_1022

I don't see why they can't take premade EI's like this and work with them so that multiple faves/characters are represented.

tare

We have just decorated the house up different each year. Mickey. Then Minnie. Pooh. Princesses. Tink etc. her pick every time. We don't go overboard. We need to save our money for disney trips. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom