Birthday Girl or not?

Queenie

We are going to be there November 3-10th and my daughter's birthday is a couple days after we go back. We are going with an extended group of family and friends.. (13 people total , 5 kids !) and I was hoping to pick a day to "celebrate" her birthday while we are there.
I have heard about so many of the nice things that the hotels and CM's do when it is your birthday, and I saw that you can get a "today's my birthday" pin somewhere on Main St., But my question is this....

Can I still request any of those things if it isn't the exact day of her birthday... just the day we will be having her "party"?

Thanks in advance!

MissM

I went to WDW for a two-day weekend this May for my birthday. We hit Epcot on one day and MK on the other. I got a button on each day because it was my birthday weekend. Heh. I don't think it'd be a problem to get a button and get them to sing and such if it's not the actual day.
-m

ps: You get the pin at the Guest Services building just on the left-hand side when you come into the park.

Upvote 0

Atta83

Yeah same here I celebrated my birthday two days in a row collecting a birthday button from each park. But hey I got a cool little fastpass for an attraction at MGM. And i got a free cookie at EPCOT. But then ate dinner at Liberty Tree adn didnt get my birthday cake :( I cried....:(..:(

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

I didn't think it would be a problem with children at least. I never carry their birth certificates with me, and until they're old enough to get a drivinig permit there really isn't any other proof of the exact day of birth !

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

Atta83 said:
Yeah same here I celebrated my birthday two days in a row collecting a birthday button from each park. But hey I got a cool little fastpass for an attraction at MGM. And i got a free cookie at EPCOT. But then ate dinner at Liberty Tree adn didnt get my birthday cake :( I cried....:(..:(

That's not fair !!! I hope you got a cake somewhere....... What's a birthday without cake ? :slurp:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I've never heard of "Proof of Date" being reqired for birthday pins. As was previously said, pick your day of celebration and go for it.

I would not say anything to your daughter about it however to set any kind of expectations. People have had very varied experiences with this from having everyone making a fuss over them and all kinds of treats bestowed to next to nothing. Do get her the pin, and as was said before, as it is her "celebration week or trip", do it at each park you visit.

Also, when you check in (out of her earshot) discuss this with the front desk (or return there at an off hour to discuss) as she should get a special phone call and some surprises in the room.

Another thought, if you make meal PS, mention it to them when you call. It may be good to plan a character meal on that day as well as they usually react a bit more if they see the button.

Enjoy.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

We always go to MK for my daughters birthday, but never ON her birthday - a few days before or after.

You won't have any problems.

Hope you have a great time!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Cynderella

We were in Disney last year and it was the same time as my 20th birthday. When I was making the PS' they would ask if anyone was celebrating a birthday and I said that mine was during the week we were going to be there. We went to Cinderella's castle for lunch/dinner and it wasnt on my exact birthday but they still sang to me, gave me a certificate and a little birthday cupcake. It was soo cool! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

MickeyLuv'r

rosebud's mom said:
I didn't think it would be a problem with children at least. I never carry their birth certificates with me, and until they're old enough to get a drivinig permit there really isn't any other proof of the exact day of birth !
This is slightly off topic, but as a word of caution -I was surprised the last time I traveled with my daughter that the airline DID request proof of her age! She is only 10 months old, so there should have been no question that she was under the age to fly as a "lap" child. I was just lucky that I had her immunization record book in my purse! It could have been vey ugly if I hadn't had it. I'll never travel without some ID for her again!

Upvote 0

pinkrose

I celebrated my b'day at Chef Mickeys several days after my b'day. We didn't arrive at wdw until about 4 or 5 days after my b'day. It was no problem. I got a b'day button and everything. :)

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

MickeyLuv'r said:
This is slightly off topic, but as a word of caution -I was surprised the last time I traveled with my daughter that the airline DID request proof of her age! She is only 10 months old, so there should have been no question that she was under the age to fly as a "lap" child. I was just lucky that I had her immunization record book in my purse! It could have been vey ugly if I hadn't had it. I'll never travel without some ID for her again!

We flew last spring with our youngest. they did ask for ID for her as well. However, they told me that it was to verify that she was indeed my child, and I was indeed her parent. Seems a little odd though, as a birth certificate doesn't have any picture on it. :veryconfu

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom