Birthday Button Question?

Gurt

Hi All, sorry if this has been already answered but I have been reading lots on this site for a couple of months and thought it was about time I said hi! I am bot a disney newbie but it has been a long time since my last visit, I went ti disney when I was 8,9 and again when I was 12 I am 26 now so my trip is long over due! back to my question, one of the main reasons we are going back to disney is my mum's 60th birthday this year, our trip is in September but my mum's birthday is in June (mine in August too)! Will we still be allowed to get birthday buttons as that is what we are celebrating or do you need to be there the day/week/month of your birthday? I really want this trip to be special for my mum as with old age her bones are now failing her and she will never be able to make the trip again.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Steph

KLeigh

Be sure to wear the buttons EVERYWHERE!

We wore our anniversary buttons during our trip last fall and we ended up getting some extra magical perks from the CMs - entrance to a special invitation only preview of the fantasyland expansion before it was open to the public, free desserts, free fast passes, and LOTS of CMs wishing us a happy anniversary! All of these made our trip so much more memorable!!

You never know what magic may happen during your stay!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

The best way to start this off is to make sure your bday celebration is noted on your lodging reservation...assuming you are staying on site. While it's usually just added up to buttons ready upon check in for us, I have heard stories of other little perks. You'll then want to be transferred to dining so you can have the celebration added to any ADRs. They will likely ask for bday info- i.e. specific date, but it doesn't make a difference come dining time. Definitely does go better if the birthday person is wearing the button.

The reality, a lot of people want to celebrate their bdays at WDW, but the timing doesn't always work out, so you celebrate when you can.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Sorry to gate crash, but just wondered the same thing about the 1st visit button. I'd love to get one for my little boy :)
Just ask at the hotel front desk. They will accommodate.

If for some reason the hotel doesn't have any...try inside the parks. On our girls' first visit, we stayed at WL and they were out of 1st Visit buttons for the entire trip.

Upvote 0

Gurt

Original Poster
thank you all for your replies, I have no doubt this won't be the only thing I need advice on before we go! :)

Upvote 0

SMS55

I noted it on my reservation, that one of my kids was celebrating his birthday. I've already booked some ADRs. So do I call and mention it or since it was noted when I made a change to the room reservation that was enough?

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I am staying off property - but we are having dinner at RC DTD on July 3rd (bday on July 4) - does anyone know if I can get a birthday button at DTD guest relations or are they only at the parks?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom